HELP.... 315's and 18 in. Rims... Where can I find a wide rim?!

Batman80

Established Member
Three parts to this question :burnout:

First part...
I want to buy some 18's and do at least 315's on the rear... just might consider a 335's if decide to roll the fenders. Here is the problem... WHERE can I buy 18"x10.5" or 18"x11" that are a reasonable price? I know I can have them custom built but I would rather not spend 1k per wheel. Any ideas?
Ultimately I want a simple 5 spoke with a deep dish but I know I can't be too picky at this point

Second part...
If I can't find anything I just might get some custom forged... What is the Biggest width I can go? If I'm going to do it, I might as well get the widest possible. Will an 11.5" work, maybe even a 12"?

Third Part...
There are A TON of custom wheel companies out there... I know of True Forged, HRE, and a bunch more but I want some opinions and advise...

Who is the cheapest?
Who is the Best?
Who is the best of both worlds?

If you have any pics or links PLEASE post em!

THANKS! :pepper:

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
You can't really get much unless you want your typical FR's or Cobra wheels. For custom i would suggest True Forged or CCW's. The widest i've seen on a Cobra so far is 11" so i'm not sure how 12" would work. BTW these are my 18" x 10.5" 3 piece SSR's. They're not to pricy if you can find a good deal on them (they're not made anymore).
DSCN0130.jpg

bldmovs

SVT Poster
Established Member
Three parts to this question :burnout:

First part...
I want to buy some 18's and do at least 315's on the rear... just might consider a 335's if decide to roll the fenders. Here is the problem... WHERE can I buy 18"x10.5" or 18"x11" that are a reasonable price? I know I can have them custom built but I would rather not spend 1k per wheel. Any ideas?
Ultimately I want a simple 5 spoke with a deep dish but I know I can't be too picky at this point

Second part...
If I can't find anything I just might get some custom forged... What is the Biggest width I can go? If I'm going to do it, I might as well get the widest possible. Will an 11.5" work, maybe even a 12"?

Third Part...
There are A TON of custom wheel companies out there... I know of True Forged, HRE, and a bunch more but I want some opinions and advise...

Who is the cheapest?
Who is the Best?
Who is the best of both worlds?

If you have any pics or links PLEASE post em!

THANKS! :pepper:

^^^ Usually don't go together, but I remember seeing someone on here posting a pic of a Black Cobra with 11.5-12 rears.

Batman80

Established Member
You can't really get much unless you want your typical FR's or Cobra wheels. For custom i would suggest True Forged or CCW's. The widest i've seen on a Cobra so far is 11" so i'm not sure how 12" would work. BTW these are my 18" x 10.5" 3 piece SSR's. They're not to pricy if you can find a good deal on them (they're not made anymore).
DSCN0130.jpg

You want to sell them?

Batman80

Established Member
CCW offers 18x11...love em:beer:

Do you remember how much you paid for them? Did you go through a dealer or directly with them?

What did you have to do to get the 335's to fit? Do you have lowering springs?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Do you remember how much you paid for them? Did you go through a dealer or directly with them?

Thanks!

www.ccwheel.com

Most of their rims are around $2700-2800 for the set. I will be placing my order tonight and will be going with 18x11 on the back.

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member

Thanks!

I purchased them off of the site directly-http://www.ccwheel.com/files/home.php

i have a 3/8 spacer, cut springs, including the low profile IRS bolt.

Good luck:beer:

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I have got True Forged Mach 5's 18x11's, i run a toyo R-888 335/30-18. I am lowered on H&R SS springs, rolled fender lips, 3/8 spacer, rub just a little once in a while, but it is worth the rubbing for the look!
IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Batman80

Established Member
I have got True Forged Mach 5's 18x11's, i run a toyo R-888 335/30-18. I am lowered on H&R SS springs, rolled fender lips, 3/8 spacer, rub just a little once in a while, but it is worth the rubbing for the look!
IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

That's EXACTLY the look I want... Even the Tires I've been looking at.... That is one hot ass! ;)

Would you have thought about an 11.5" or 12" wide wheel or does 11" do the trick?

Thanks!

vadorsnake04

Established Member
No, i wouldnt have considered a wider wheel, i really dont see how you would even fit a wider rim without tubbing it. Thanks for the compliments. 11" def. does the trick!

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Nice! How is your tire wear?

Are those 18" '03 Cobra Wheels? Where did you find a 10.5?

Oh yeah, did you have to roll your fenders?

Tire wear is fine. They dont make 10.5 18'' cobra's anymore. I still need to roll my fenders. Thanks for the good words.

Batman80

Established Member
Tire wear is fine. They dont make 10.5 18'' cobra's anymore. I still need to roll my fenders. Thanks for the good words.

any idea what company made them?

No anyone that is selling some?

Did they match the stock wheels? (if I found the rears would the existing fronts match?)

Thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread