HELP 03 TERMI NO SPARK!

Yellatermi03

Established Member
Okay guys bare with me please. 03 terminator cobra. Was driving around all day no issues and suddenly with no warning the car just died! Had it towed home and worked on it the next day. Only codes were 1233(fpdm offline) so long story short I'm getting fuel just not spark here is a list of everything I've replaced.
fpdm
Ccrm
Coils
Crank position sensor
Cam position sensor
I've checked all fuses and appear to be completely fine and working. I'm lost and could really use some advice! Thanks in advance!
car is 2003 cobra, 2.3 whipple, kenne bell BAP.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
fpdm is the fuel pump driver module. How have you verified you have fuel and no spark?

The BAP can be wired either pre or post FPDM I do believe, whichever is last you would want to make sure you have voltage coming out which would be going to the pumps from there. If you dont have voltage there you need to work upstream and see if you can find voltage.

Yellatermi03

Established Member
fpdm is the fuel pump driver module. How have you verified you have fuel and no spark?

The BAP can be wired either pre or post FPDM I do believe, whichever is last you would want to make sure you have voltage coming out which would be going to the pumps from there. If you dont have voltage there you need to work upstream and see if you can find voltage.
Yes, I pulled the frps and had my buddy turn the key and im getting fuel, also when you crank it you can smell the raw fuel. I pulled a few coils and put a spark plug in it and cranked but no spark.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
so is it possible for the trigger wheel to go bad? I thought it was just a steel plate?

the only thing Ive seen is that an improperly installed crank pulley doesnt fully seat it and the key way on the crank will eventually beat up the trigger wheel and it can move around

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did you ground the plug when you tested it or did you just slide it into the COP? It needs to be touching metal to complete the circuit.

You can be getting fuel at the line, but not have enough pressure. You need to make sure you have enough pressure as well.

Yellatermi03

Established Member
I'm also getting the 1233 code still, are the fpdm cobra Specific? Like if I took one out of a GT would it work? I've also been told that the fpdm if broken/wrong the car will cut spark, is this true?

Albatross

Established Member
Do you have the wire upgrade on the BAP with the relay? If so, I would check that relay. Also, check the inline fuse for the BAP.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
It is possible it’s the fpdm. You said you replaced it

Yellatermi03

Established Member
It is possible it’s the fpdm. You said you replaced it
I did replace it, BUT I replaced it with one from a GT, I ordered one from a cobra and it should be here this week. Until then I'm gonna try a few things and let you guys know, i appreciate every single one of you for trying to help me out.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm also getting the 1233 code still, are the fpdm cobra Specific? Like if I took one out of a GT would it work? I've also been told that the fpdm if broken/wrong the car will cut spark, is this true?
They're all the same. Even the V6 one will work.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I did replace it, BUT I replaced it with one from a GT, I ordered one from a cobra and it should be here this week. Until then I'm gonna try a few things and let you guys know, i appreciate every single one of you for trying to help me out.

Like mentioned above are you assuming it's not getting spark or have you actually pulled a plug, grounded the strap and witnessed no spark?

Yellatermi03

Established Member
Like mentioned above are you assuming it's not getting spark or have you actually pulled a plug, grounded the strap and witnessed no spark?
I have pulled a plug but I cant remember if I grounded it, I put my thumb over the end and didnt get shocked (not smart I know) I'm going to pull the plug again and make sure, now I'm second guessing myself. Could a pump that's not sending enough pressure cause the 1233 code?

Users who are viewing this thread