Hello

STiGuy

05 STi
Established Member
Hey guys,
I am selling my 2005 STi (300whp 331wtq) for a 2003 Cobra. I know everything about my STi, but know little about the cobra. I want to do exhaust, intake, pulley, and chip when i get the car. I just do not know what the best ones are. Any advice would be awesome. Thnx

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Lots of good ones, but it all comes to personal preference and money that you want to spend. I would spend a day or 2 reading through the first few pages of post, that should answer all of your questions....if you have a specific one, search first then ask

rick

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
I really like my Borla Stinger exhaust. It has a very aggressive sound and I get a lot of compliments because of it. It's a pretty popular exhaust for the 03/04's. I just switched intakes and put on a Paul's High Performance. Looks great and is very high quality, just like the Borla's. I think most people use tuning options from either Diablosport or SCT, either the handheld unit or an actual chip. Make sure to get the car tuned after the pulley. Good luck.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
For a intake i would go with the K&N FIPK it gives you great HP gains and really makes your SC scream. I love it and if i started over i would do it again.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
STiGuy said:
Hey guys,
I am selling my 2005 STi (300whp 331wtq) for a 2003 Cobra. I know everything about my STi, but know little about the cobra. I want to do exhaust, intake, pulley, and chip when i get the car. I just do not know what the best ones are. Any advice would be awesome. Thnx

Why, why why would you sell a modded STI????

I totally love those cars.

My DD is a stage2 '02 WRX WGN, TXS TBE, UTEC w/remote, Godspeed uppipe, Godspeed Dyno tune.

I guess I could say I know "a lot" about cobra's having owned two and modifying every element of the drivetrain of both.

CPIE cobra is easy;
K&N FIPK
Billetflow 2.76 and 4 idlers
SCT Excalibrator 2 Tune (soon)
Magnaflow or Bassani exhaust (Borla is ok if you NEVER change out the stock h pipe)

I'm not kidding about the Borla, imagine TXS RFL Ti x10 if you swap the midpipe (the rest of you guys prolly have no idea what I just told him, Subaru insiders only)

After that welcome to the world of burnt clutches, wheelhop, leaking diffs, breaking halfshafts, burping coolant, the tick, the pull, squeaky TOB's..............

hit me up on pm if you have any specific questions or if you want to know which vendors are gems and which are SCUM :nono:

TRBO VNM

definitely search for each thing and read. spend a couple of weeks doing that and either make your decision or ask more specific questions regarding to particular parts. There is too much info out there and you will get a lot of different responses asking a broad question like this. enjoy the new ride.

Fast Willy

Established Member
JLT or K&N intake
Borla or Bassani Xhaust
Billetflow pulley and idlers
Diablo or SCT depends on who you want to tune your car and what they use.

Good luck the search button is your friend.

And welcome to family

drkchk03svt

Established Member
If I was you I would not waste money on pullies. Right off the bat I would get a KB or a Whipple. But if you cant afford it then here is a good setup:

BF 2.76
BF 4 idler setup w/Gates belt
Borla Stinger
Magnaflow High Flow X
JLT CAI
SCT PRP w/ raptor included from modular depot! (you can learn to tune your own car)

Welcome to the site!

STiGuy

05 STi
Established Member
im new so i cant use "PM". Post Ban I have the RFL-Ti on my car right now and its nuts. Im selling my car because it was in a accident and it will never be the same. If anyone wants it the car is 25,000 w/ 14,000miles on it. I saw the videos of that guy "Blade" his car is nuts. I was just gonna copy his mod list but thats sketchy. Keep commming with the good information.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
Congrats STiGuy. I just sold my 04 STi a month ago and picked up an 03 Cobra the next week with just 115 miles on it. I had 287 awhp in my STi, but that is nothing compared to my stock Cobra. you will love the Cobra, no doubt. I think it is the best move I could have made, making the switch. Everything is cheaper to do, except filling the tank, but modding is rediculous on the Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread