Hellion Twin Turbo Kit: Pros vs Cons

Venomous 03

Established Member
Sorry for the post.i meant HPP
HPP and THP have a similar setup.
And about THP,thats honestly the only bad thread ive seen about the kit,everyone else that has one enjoys it.

stangfreak

Established Member
HPP is crazy expensive. The price they give you, does not include suspension/k member parts. Its insane

stradt03

Established Member
HPP is crazy expensive. The price they give you, does not include suspension/k member parts. Its insane

I've looked at their website and they don't seem to list any prices. Do you have a ballpark figure for one of their kits? I have the whole MM front suspension already on the car so I wouldn't need those components anyway.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
HPP's web site sucks. Best to e-mail them if you can get them to reply. After seeing that THP thread, I'd stay away from that for sure. As far as HP goes, they made a lot of kits that made a lot of power. I had one before I changed to larger downpipes, etc. I still use their headers and intercooler. They got a bad rap for having low mount turbos without including a scavenger pump. Then Hellion came out with a similar design and suddenly the low mount idea was great. Last I heard, the HP boys abandon the shop and went out into the oil fields (no joke). Very strange deal.

stangfreak

Established Member
I've looked at their website and they don't seem to list any prices. Do you have a ballpark figure for one of their kits? I have the whole MM front suspension already on the car so I wouldn't need those components anyway.

Don't quote me on this, but last time I spoke to manny at hpp I Think he said 7 or 8 thousand for the kit and I had to buy the suspension stuff.

Then on mod fords someone told me when your all said and done your looking at over 10k. If not more. You also have to ask them if they designed there kit around the mm suspension.

Last edited:

stradt03

Established Member
Well it really seems as if the Hellion kit is the best bang for the buck in terms of fitment and completeness. What does everyone do for the MAF tube? I assume the correct MAF for these types of setups would be a BA5000?

stradt03

Established Member
3" vmp tube with a ba5000

That's what I was thinking, but will that sensor support 1000+rwhp? Also, does anyone know if VMP will customize the placement of the sensor housing? Being that it is an 8" long tube, I'd like them to put it near the end of the tube length rather than right smack in the middle. I think that will give the air a little more room to smooth out on the way to the TB.

Last edited:

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
That's interesting. I've often wondered if headers actually offer any advantage performance-wise vs. the logs. I heard that Hellion tested the logs vs. headers and saw no difference. Obviously their kit uses the logs so hopefully it was an honest back to back test. Other than that, one advantage would be that you can point the headers and end up in the exact direction/location you want.

The reason the stock manifolds are great for a turbo application is that they hold in heat *really* well, which is great for spooling up the turbo charger(s). When you get into long tubes, etc you start needing blankets or wrap around them, which in my experience leads to them rotting a lot more quickly than without.

That being said, I tossed my logs back when I did my LTs when I still had my whipple, so I went with JBA shorties and my car performs extremely well, so I'm not too worried about it.

cobrasvt57

Established Member
Stock logs in hellion kit

I'm building a TT 5.4 R setup and thinking about modding my 03/04 logs or perhaps even looking into the GT supercar logs for the durability along with heat transfers.

WMD

Established Member
Went a new PB last night 8.70 @ 157 MPH with my Hellion twin with PT 6266. Getting a handle on the set up now.

WMD

Established Member
Stock 05 aluminum block .020 , stock crank, stock 03 Cobra rods, off the shelf MMR Manley 10.5 pistons, stock 01 intake, FR500 spring kit, OLD SCHOOL JDM cams, Hellion TT , PT 6266 turbos, 19-20 PSI Turbo 400, 3.55 gears, 3250 LBS, 28x10.5x15 slicks, C16 fuel
Factory computer with an Awsome Brooks Speed tune up!
That's it. Very basic build. Next we will turn up the boost and go from there.

SVTNewEdge01

Established Member
Love this talk about turbos I personally think 4.6 v8s with any type turbo sounds crazy fun... I throw a rod with forged eagle products with only 300 whp.. now I'm worried that my new forged Manley setup won't hold up to a twin turbo boost should I be worried its Manley pistons, h-beam rods and arp2000 bolts, with a new stock crank for the cobras provide by my local ford dealer...

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Manley H beams are very good and people have used them for over 1000rwhp. Unless something else is wrong, I doubt you'll have an issue.

1raresnake

Established Member
Stock 05 aluminum block .020 , stock crank, stock 03 Cobra rods, off the shelf MMR Manley 10.5 pistons, stock 01 intake, FR500 spring kit, OLD SCHOOL JDM cams, Hellion TT , PT 6266 turbos, 19-20 PSI Turbo 400, 3.55 gears, 3250 LBS, 28x10.5x15 slicks, C16 fuel
Factory computer with an Awsome Brooks Speed tune up!
That's it. Very basic build. Next we will turn up the boost and go from there.

Man your car is freaking light! I'm guessing no AC, heater, ABS, power steering, manual brakes?

Users who are viewing this thread