Hellion Twin Initial Numbers Are In

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Well I finally got my tune finished up on the dyno last Friday. I got on the dyno at 9:30 and got off around 3 or 4. At the time of the last run the shop temp was 102-103 degrees. The runs were all on waste gate pressure only. Temps was too high in my book to start cranking up the boost and I felt the car needed a break. Wasn't too hung up on numbers anyway. My boost peaked at 6 psi but that was at the 7k mark. Most of the curve was in the 5 range. Now I need to add my front struts and springs. A lil more cooler temps and its track time. Now its time to get the boost controller dialed in.

Mustang590Pull_zps1ee4755f.jpg

http://youtu.be/BT_mSj4x8kc

http://youtu.be/6_YMsVyvYFU

Not sure how to embed.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Nice post. That's the exact reason why I put a boost controller on mine so quickly. idk if the turbosmart wastegates suck or if its just a product of how the kit was designed but the "6psi" setting really only hits 6psi at like 6500, then it creeps to 6.5 by 7. From 3-6500 its like 4-5psi which is kinda lame. I have mine set now to make 6 psi at 4k and hold it all the way to redline and the car picked up dramatically. It was night and day different.

Good luck with yours! In for track results

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Thanks. What kind of controller do you have? I have the gfb. Im trying to get it to hold a lill better. I guess ill have to up the sensitivity and see what happens.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Looking good Barrian! That boss intake wants to eat, she still looks hungry. The sensitivity setting didn't do much on my car so I just turned it off. When you start upping the duty cycle and the Gain, it'll help to get the turbos in a bit more happy zone and maintain it. I think I had mine set to 40 duty and 30 Gain. It would hit 5psi at 4k, 6 at 5k and finally 7-7.5 at 7 on the streets on a 3rd gear roll. On the dyno it would hit 6 psi by 3.5 and 7 by ~5k. Keep the gain lower or it will spike on tip in/gear change and hit the boost cutoff (I had mine set to 7.8 before. I kept getting sick of hitting it so I changed it to 8.5)

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Looking good Barrian! That boss intake wants to eat, she still looks hungry. The sensitivity setting didn't do much on my car so I just turned it off. When you start upping the duty cycle and the Gain, it'll help to get the turbos in a bit more happy zone and maintain it. I think I had mine set to 40 duty and 30 Gain. It would hit 5psi at 4k, 6 at 5k and finally 7-7.5 at 7 on the streets on a 3rd gear roll. On the dyno it would hit 6 psi by 3.5 and 7 by ~5k. Keep the gain lower or it will spike on tip in/gear change and hit the boost cutoff (I had mine set to 7.8 before. I kept getting sick of hitting it so I changed it to 8.5)

Sup dude. Sorry to hear about you having to sell you car. I wanted to hit you up about it and to let you know I was going to jms to get my gears swapped. Talked to them about your car a little. They are some solid guys. Ill keep all that info you said in mind when I get out there to practice with it.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Sup dude. Sorry to hear about you having to sell you car. I wanted to hit you up about it and to let you know I was going to jms to get my gears swapped. Talked to them about your car a little. They are some solid guys. Ill keep all that info you said in mind when I get out there to practice with it.

Ya it's still a sore subject lol. Have you had the 3.27s installed yet? How do they feel? I really like Monty and the crew over at JMS. They helped me over some trying moments with my car. Are you going to spin the car higher? That's where that boss will really shine. Needless to say be careful with it Barrian because I don't want to see your name on the oil pump failures list lol.

Joey8

Established Member
Clean out your inbox Quesplosive it's full brother haha. BTW nice numbers on low boost for sure!

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Ya it's still a sore subject lol. Have you had the 3.27s installed yet? How do they feel? I really like Monty and the crew over at JMS. They helped me over some trying moments with my car. Are you going to spin the car higher? That's where that boss will really shine. Needless to say be careful with it Barrian because I don't want to see your name on the oil pump failures list lol.

Yea I went last Tues. About almost a 3 hour trip from where I was. Went to the shed on the way back lol. Yea they are some cool guys. I really got to know them (was there from 9:30-about 4) My diff cover needed longer bolts so had to locate some. The gears def take the bite out of 1st. Where with the 3.73s it would launch the car and pin you back. Now it goes a lot smoother. I cant wait to put my nittos back on and see how much more gear I lose with the larger tires. I just enjoy not having to shift so soon. That going to 7k with the pulls seemed like it took forever lol. The end result is to build it to handle 8k pulls. The boss still had it climbing, just with the stock gears I know 7.5k is where you want to call it.

mystickb1996

Established Member
Very nice man, glad to see it all coming together and running good for you. i still gotta get a ride in that beast, maybe see you at the lake front on sunday sometime.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
great numbers...now build the engine and lets see what those babies are capable of ;-D

j/k but I am jealous...hard to beat the cool factor of twins.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
great numbers...now build the engine and lets see what those babies are capable of ;-D

j/k but I am jealous...hard to beat the cool factor of twins.

Thanks. Im just as curious as you are to see the potential. Just a matter of time til i save up and build this thing right.

ebrow21

Established Member
Awesome numbers. Funny that you ran on the same dyno I use. My auto whipple made 630 uncorrected in 3rd, with a similar torque curve. But at double the boost, haha. I'm sure the car rolls out.

Users who are viewing this thread