hellion turbo Question

BLOWN4.6

Established Member
im thinking of installing a hellion single t-76 single turbo.im running stock a block.im wishing on running at least 15-18 pounds of boost.if i did this how long do guys think my motor would last??? AND what mods would i need besides the hellion kit??? thanks in advance..

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Your motor will last a long time as long as you get a good tune. They are built very stout from the factory. You will also need fuel upgrades. I recommend 60lb/hr injectors and either a BAP or Ford GT pumps (GT pumps being the best option).

Also, have you done any chassis/suspension upgrades? I definitely recommend a rear diff brace and upgraded bushings for the rear.

Have you decided if you want to go with a Electronic or Manual boost controller?

Oh yea, you will need a 01 Cobra upper and lower intake, alternator, alternator bracket, throttle cable, and a few other odds and ends (there is a list of what you will need on the Hellion website).

Last edited:

BLOWN4.6

Established Member
so if i go wit the gt pumps i wont need the bap? i wanna go wit Electronic boost controller. how much power u think ill be putting down wit 17 pounds of boost???

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
so if i go wit the gt pumps i wont need the bap? i wanna go wit Electronic boost controller. how much power u think ill be putting down wit 17 pounds of boost???

You will need a few other odds and ends with the GT pumps (Lethal Performance has complete kits), but you won't need a BAP. I'm running a BAP right now because I had it with the Whipple and I have had no problems. I plan on converting to a return style fuel system in the future at which time I will switch to GT pumps.

You should be putting down around 630 -660 rwhp. Of course results will vary depending on your tune. I recommend no more than 16 degrees of timing if you plan on running around on pump gas. I highly recommend getting your car tuned on a Mustang dyno that loads the car like it would be on the street to get the most optimal tune. Remember, engine longevity is directly related to how good your tune is.

TRBO VNM

grey03cobra basically nailed everything. the key is the tune and discipline. I ran 10-15# on the street and 20+ at the track. ran about 15 degrees of timing and 11.0 to 1 a/f. I just made sure I changed the fuel at the track for the higher boost.

if you really want to do it right on the fuel and stay returnless

60# injectors
-8an line upgrade
gt pumps
dual fpdm
Fore Precision top hat

on the rest of the upgrades, do the cooling mod when you do your clutch next and there are some IRS upgrades I would recommend depending on what you have or don't have now.

IRS brace
14mm bolts
poly diff bushings
consider half shafts

with the clutch

26 spline input shaft upgrade
retainer sleeve

zo6this

Established Member
You will also need a tubular k member to run a turbo also which hellion sells with there kits. And as far as the fuel system i agree with jason for returnless style fuel system. My is exactly the same except my system runs dual -6 line to the front of the car and then into my cpr fuel rails and ties them together in the front of the fuel rails. My fuel system is a xxx motorsprorts.

Users who are viewing this thread