Hellion turbo kit and paxton intercooler???

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
I'm gettin a hellion turbo and i was wondering if i can keep my paxton air-to-air intercooler and make it work with custom piping, has anyone done that?

i just love the way it looks
Picture628.jpg
[/IMG]

TRBO VNM

I will give John a call tomorrow and ask him. And see about letting nate know about this thread.

what size piping goes in/out of that intercooler?

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
Thanks, the pipes are 3'-3.5' but not 100% sure, i'll call paxton.

I sent a message to Hellion, i hope they can sell me the 76mm turbo, braket, exhaust piping and other hardware without buying the whole kit, the car already has gms k-member, coil overs and i belive i can use the oil feed/return from the paxton unit.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
Recieved an e-mail from John, they can't separate the intercooler from the turbo... I have to buy the whole kit and sell my blower set-up.

TRBO VNM

DRK281 said:
Recieved an e-mail from John, they can't separate the intercooler from the turbo... I have to buy the whole kit and sell my blower set-up.

I believe all the piping and intercooler is just sold as a kit if someone wants to change the turbo, BOV or wastegate. When they order them to be made, those are all the parts that are made for the kit and not something they can order individually.

I might be interested in the intercooler though. so if you get the kit and find out you can use the procharger intercooler and have the hellion left over, I might take that off your hands.

you can't use the midlengths. the kit is designed with the stock headers or shorties that maintain factory collector locations. the JBA headers were tested and lost a lot of rwhp, so to date the stockers have produced the best gains with the kit. probably because of the material used and keeping the heat in more than aftermarket. I could be wrong there.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
Pm sent.

Do you have close up pics of the turbo/intercooler? As long as there's some room between the inlet/outlet piping and turbo i can use my paxton i/c

TRBO VNM

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
Thanks for your help, looks like my intercooler and custom piping wont have ground clearance so im just gonna order the complete kit and use the hellion i/c.

Is that an oil cooler hanging underneath the intercooler? does it come with the kit?

TRBO VNM

DRK281 said:
Thanks for your help, looks like my intercooler and custom piping wont have ground clearance so im just gonna order the complete kit and use the hellion i/c.

Is that an oil cooler hanging underneath the intercooler? does it come with the kit?

that is the power steering cooler. you have an 03/04 cobra right? it comes on the car already.

Users who are viewing this thread