Hellion prcision 76mm on the dyno

Blownsvt84

Established Member
First off this is on E70-75. Still haven't gotten any real e85 at the pumps yet in my area. We tuned it to be pretty safe once we end up getting the e85 and it leans the tune out a bit so the A/f ratios are a bit fat right now.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgOjMgQkri4&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Dyno 5-12-11‬‏[/nomedia]

Then we thought lets make a quick 900+ pull just to say we did. this pull was 24-25 psi. My video was slow getting started.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SG_ZMDTdQk&NR=1"]YouTube - ‪Cobra dynos 931 hp‬‏[/nomedia]

Set up is pretty well maxed out without larger injectors and some changes to ignition/MAF set up.

Thanks for any comments.

gt347mustang

Established Member
from the graphs it doesnt look like you maxed out the fuel...

great numbers. can you give a short rundown of the mods?

Blownsvt84

Established Member
from the graphs it doesnt look like you maxed out the fuel...

great numbers. can you give a short rundown of the mods?

We did quick math on the injectors and calculated they would max at 931 whp which is exactly where we ended. Also the MAF is not keeping up so it gives the exact same reading at anythig over 20 psi so no matter how you command the fuel it goes leaner and leaner with more boost. I'll post a graph of pulls over laid with a/f.

Car is a stock block with a .20 overbore (283 CI), stock crank, stock manly hbeam rods, CP pistons with ARP hardware/headstuds. Heads are stock cams, stock ports but ferrera valves, springs retainers, seats. 99/01 intake with accufab twinblade throttle body.

Stock hellion set up running open DP, also pulled the air filter because it is a huge restriction. Still using the standard hellion intercooler.

Fuel system is:
96# low impedence injectors
aeromotive rails
twin eliminator pumps
-12 tank to pumps -10 feed to -8 to the rail with a -6 return.

car is still a 6spd for now but hopefully will be auto before 2012. I'd like to upgrade fuel injectors and get the MAF/ignition situation sorted and crack the 4 digits before i put in a power robbing auto. It also has a 9" moser rearend.

Anything else you want to know fire away.

Blownsvt84

Established Member
here's a graph over RPM lifted a bit early due to going lean but you see the spool. Its pretty much starting to see boost around 2800 on the street and its ripping pretty good shortly after 3000.

189.jpg

Here you can see how the a/f curve follows the exact same line no matter how we command fuel in the upper range. We also noticed that the maf was giving the exact same reading every time. We also believe the ignition needs some help on the big end when on ethanol fuel.

186.jpg

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Damn, nice numbers. Been liking turbos more and more ever since my buddy threw one on.

How much timing was that? What type of boost levels will that 76mm support? I don't know much about turbos....

Thanks

Last edited:

Blownsvt84

Established Member
Nice numbers! I was watching the video and was like, "That dyno looks familiar... it's DB Performance!" Dan is the shit!

yeah dan is a great dude and an awesome tuner. Plus right up the road from me.

Damn, nice numbers. Been liking turbos more and more ever since my buddy threw one on.

How much timing was that? What type of boost levels will that 76mm support? I don't know much about turbos....

Thanks

timing is pretty conservative i think we are at around 16* but i can double check on that. This turbo should make power up until the 30 psi mark or more. Never tried pushing it that far but will eventually. Some supra guys i know with the same turbo have gone to mid 30's.

Last edited:

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Wish I could swing a turbo car right now haha. Good luck with the MAF and injector issues.
Are you happy with the Hellion kit?

Blownsvt84

Established Member
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Wish I could swing a turbo car right now haha. Good luck with the MAF and injector issues.
Are you happy with the Hellion kit?

the kit has been great. Everything fit together nicely with no major headaches and I've managed pretty good power with it. In hind sight i may have gone twins but I don't know, i suppose there are benefits to each. Hellion didn't have their twin kit out yet when I went turbo on this car either to my knowledge so it ended up getting the single.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Could you find a better quality camera? That sucker must have ran you a few grand for quality like that.

HAHA

Great numbers man. Who do I send the invoice to for blowing out my speakers?

Blownsvt84

Established Member
Could you find a better quality camera? That sucker must have ran you a few grand for quality like that.

HAHA

Great numbers man. Who do I send the invoice to for blowing out my speakers?

Cellphone man. Sorry. I planned to use my parents HD camcorder but my tune was the same day as my brothers band was playing and he was recording the concert.

Users who are viewing this thread