Hellion guys i need you

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
Well tomarrow i am going to look at Bayareacobra and he has a t67 hellion kit. I was wondering how much would it cost to send off the turbo and have better ball bearing put in? Or would it be better to just get a t-76? I want to know what you guys think about the hellion kits. Its going to be weird if i buy this car, going from instant tq with the whipple to waiting for the turbos to spool up. What is the max power you can put out with a t67 vs a t76?? I just want to hear the goods and bads.

TRBO VNM

we exchanged PM's already. but as stated in them, you might be able to just send off the 66 and get it upgraded. should be cheaper than buying a new 76. check the latest PM regarding spool up rpm's. I think once you drive it, you will forget about the whipple pretty quickly.

hp I think the 66 is about 750-850 and the 76 is 950. those are crank numbers. maybe the 66 is 750 to the wheels. the 76 is about 850 to the wheels.

so far I have no negatives regarding going turbo.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
Does anyone run nitrous with theres? To make it spool quicker. Like through the intercooler

TRBO VNM

C H I N I said:
Does anyone run nitrous with theres? To make it spool quicker. Like through the intercooler

I know Buster(Mark) runs Meth, but not sure how much or where. Some have thought about the nitrous and I think are planning on it, but nothing that I have seen so far. I would like to, but on the stock motor I am trying to hold off for now, but thinking a 30 shot out of the hole would do the trick. I am doing a lot of R&D with the MSD 2-step and timing retard to work on the first part of the 1/4 mile.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
chini, are you gonna keep it catted? In your sig the whipple is still catted? Not sure if aanyone is running cats and snails right now.

TRBO VNM

postban said:
chini, are you gonna keep it catted? In your sig the whipple is still catted? Not sure if aanyone is running cats and snails right now.

good point.

Chini, ask bayarea if he has a cat on his car. If not and you need it for Cali, you can get the bassani cat from Hellion. I know with the kit it is a $125 upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread