Hellion GT500 twin turbo kit

skyhighsd

Established Member
I got email from them Tues. and the kit can be ordered now! I have yet to see pics of it, and that is one more thing that will help make my mind up on changing over from the KB to it. But I would have to wait until the air to water intercooler is done before I decide to go this route. Cant see having less rwhp than I have now. Another option for a power adder is always a good thing.

Here is the e mail I received from them below
"Just wanted to let you know we have started taking orders for the new Hellion GT500 twin turbo kit. The kit will feature all stainless steel piping, 61mm Turbonetics turbos, a TurboXS race bypass valve, and Turbonetics Evolution wastegates. As a tuner kit there will be no injectors or fuel pumps included. (Please note that the factory fuel pump will support 700rwhp when used 72# injectors)

We have made over 700rwhp at a total of 16# of boost. The base kit will utilize the factory intercooler. In the next couple of months we will offer an optional air to water intercooler for customers wanting to produce 800-1000rwhp.

The first batch of GT500 kits will ship late January/early February and are priced at $5995."

LOL who going to be first:lol1:

rdsnk46

Established Member
I think turbo kits are good for big power but there is more room for error with more mechanics to go wrong! Twins would be nice but the plain simplicity of a blower wins out in my book every time! Turbo biggest advantage is no parasitic loss! I hope if you do get this kit SKY you have very good luck! I have a question, is this kit compound or do you remove the blower?

rdsnk46

Established Member

:dw:

1994 SVT Cobra (Incon twin turbo,535 rwhp/565 ft.lbs. @ 10 psi on pump gas) SOLD
1999 Corvette C5 convertible (TTI Stage III Twin Turbo)
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
2006 Suzuki M109R

From your toyz it shouldn't be to hard to understand...........

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trpSMlo7pN8]YouTube - Hellion Power Systems' Cobra Dyno[/ame]

SpdPilot

Established Member
Those of you in a state with easy smog laws are so dam lucky. CA is really strict and it keeps me from getting a TT.

Taking orders for the kit and actually shipping them are two different things. And there are always issues with the first few kits. And Turbo kits are never easy installs. Better have a lot patience and a really good tuner.

mike5876

Established Member
happy new year!! whos gonna be first??? i am! ive been driving the car for 3 weeks! i cant say one thing bad about the kit! it has the drivability that it had when stock.......and it hauls ass! nothing cut or relocated in the install mike

Bullitt357

Established Member
Those of you in a state with easy smog laws are so dam lucky. CA is really strict and it keeps me from getting a TT.

Taking orders for the kit and actually shipping them are two different things. And there are always issues with the first few kits. And Turbo kits are never easy installs. Better have a lot patience and a really good tuner.

It says right in the email they are shipping late January/early February. They aren't like some other companies.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hopefully they offer the hot-side of those turbos with some reputable ceramic coating such as Swain Tech to reduce under hood temps. The downpipes will need it as well.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
So 16psi nets around 700rwhp on pump?
Sounds like what KB and the Whipple 2.9 are claiming.

5PTSLO

WFO Racing!!
Established Member
So 16psi nets around 700rwhp on pump?
Sounds like what KB and the Whipple 2.9 are claiming.

I made 700 rwhp on 17lb. on pump gas on my last dyno trip. I have a precision t-78 turbo using the factory intercooler. If i wanted to take it futher I need some injectors. It sounds like a nice kit. Plus the turbo route is pretty fun. I have had mine done for about a year now

Users who are viewing this thread