hellion exhaust noise???

slammed03

Established Member
03 cobra hellion 76mm turbo. I've been trying to eliminate this exhaust resonating tin can rattle noise i get around 2-3k rpms under load. Any ideas? I've spent more than enough time searching google and forums to come up with nothing? So far I put a bullet resonator and on the removal pipe were you can install a cat, my only other idea is to put a resonator on the crossover pipe before it hits the turbo,but i dont want to start cutting/welding if its not gonna help. do any single turbo or hellion guys have the same issue? On a side note my cat back is bassani 2 1/2"

TRBO VNM

If I understand what you are saying then I don't think there is anything you can do that I am aware of. Once you start spooling it goes way right? Just that initial hit of the gas? It isn't actually an issue. Just the way things are

What if you start in 1st gear from a stop or if you start at a higher rpm? No noise right?

From what I have seen it is normal and nothing you can do. Almost like turbo is cavitating before it gets into boost, right? I actually wonder if a smaller turbo on the same setup wouldn't do it because it spools faster.

I just dealt with it and learned how to drive around it so to speak so.

Last edited:

slammed03

Established Member
Yeah once she starts to spool its gone. I thought I was kinda screwed, I figured the exhaust was craming into that turbo housing from 8 cylinders causing that resonating rattle...maybe airflow is imbalanced or something.I actually plan on switching to a 67mm to see how fast it will spool,a litttle more street friendly

lethal1546

Established Member
I had the same issue on my cobra, 2500-3000 had a horrible sound. My car had a pretty cheap x-pipe on it from the previous owner so i did a little research and ordered up a Mac Pro-chamber H-pipe and the sound went away instantly and havent had a problem since. Plus I was also running a Mac 3" cat back too.

Users who are viewing this thread