Hellion compound boost setup and E85

novi2000

Established Member
Tim@MPH got the E85 street tune done today on my car with the KB 2.2/MPH inlet compound setup.

attachment.php
compound setup.

TRBO VNM

very nice Corey. I bet that feels like a monster. what size injectors did you go with and are you still running the stock computer and using an injector driver?

novi2000

Established Member
very nice Corey. I bet that feels like a monster. what size injectors did you go with and are you still running the stock computer and using an injector driver?

Jason it is NASTY, I am running 120lb injectors and an AEM driver. I think we have everything figured out now, it sure did took a while and a lot of Dyno time! With the E85 Tim had to add about 35% more fuel at WOT.

novi2000

Established Member
Why's the timing so low? I was able to run 22deg@20psi on mine with the E85..

The tuner is being on the safe side since it is his first time tuning on this fuel. I have not tested the Ethanol content either, however I should be running a spring blend according to my region.

Janstang

Established Member
Do you have quite a few places down there selling E85? I bought a tester to ensure the ethanol I'm using is at least 85%. IIRC, for each degree of timing we added to mine it was picking up around 10-15rwhp.

novi2000

Established Member
Do you have quite a few places down there selling E85? I bought a tester to ensure the ethanol I'm using is at least 85%. IIRC, for each degree of timing we added to mine it was picking up around 10-15rwhp.

There are quite a few stations. Where did you get the tester from, and is your tune on the rich side?

Janstang

Established Member
I have the Kent-Moore Fuel Composition Tester--J44175 model. I found it on E-bay for a decent price.. What are you showing for A/f?

novi2000

Established Member
I have the Kent-Moore Fuel Composition Tester--J44175 model. I found it on E-bay for a decent price.. What are you showing for A/f?

Not sure I should be picking the car up any day now and will find out. Are you running a stand alone?

Janstang

Established Member
Nope.. Still running the stock ECU with the SCT Pro Racer software. I run 160lb injectors w/Acceleronics injector driver to make them work..

Janstang

Established Member
I don't drive it in the winter, due to the snow etc.. But even this fall when it was getting down in the 50's there was no issues. I have a little spot around 20%throttle that I can feel a little jerk, but I've talked to a couple other guys and they have the same thing. Its nothing that effects driveability or anything like that. I'm just a freak about having the perfect tune..

novi2000

Established Member
Hey Janstang, those numbers sounds about right considering he has to spin that fat turd on top of the engine too.

That is true the blower is a power robber. Right now the turbos are only making at 7psi. and the blower 10psi so you can't even here them spool up. It comes on like no body's business by 3000. From what we are seeing at 20 deg it makes over 900 at the same boost level at 6500. Keep in mind these turbos are capable of 25psi.

Users who are viewing this thread