Hellcat vs Z06 vs GT500 - Teaser Video

earl lee

Established Member
I dont see what the big deal if the hellcat is a manual and takes an L. It doesnt take away from the hellcat overall regardless. Everybody has for the most part given the car its props. This is not like when the zl1 camaro came out and stunk it up in both auto and manual.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
I want to see equal cars go at it, not some optimized setup against one that isn't. How much sense does that make? I would only want to see an auto Hellcat go up against other auto cars and since there is no such thing as an auto GT500 then it sounds like a good race to me. It's a slippery slope when you start having cars run that are not setup like one another. Driver error will always be present no matter what, you might as well give them the same equipment in whatever possible way.

Its no big deal to me. Id still want to see the race. Win or lose. But why handicap the Hellcat because Ford chose to handicap the Shelby by not offering an auto. Again in my opinion give me the best/fastest offering of each car in a competition.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Its no big deal to me. Id still want to see the race. Win or lose. But why handicap the Hellcat because Ford chose to handicap the Shelby by not offering an auto. Again in my opinion give me the best/fastest offering of each car in a competition.
Agreed

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

Well that is an easy out saying that since Ford didn't make an auto in the GT500 is handicapping the car. Ford knew there wasn't going to be a huge market for an auto GT500 simply because the market that buys those cars. Sure there is an older crowd that buys those Shelbys but come on, a manual car is 10x more fun than an auto for a lot of us. I would not want an auto muscle car myself because the two, in my mind, just do not go together. Sure the Hellcat is fast in the auto and auto cars that are converted from a manual are faster but the stick car is just plain more fun. That of course is subjective.

The Hellcat/Challenger appeals to a different target audience that typically is going to be more about comfort and convenience who would be more inclined to go for an auto option. For me, the only time an auto car should be running any other car, whatever it is, should be an auto as well. Otherwise you are just comparing apples to oranges and really not much of a comparison.

With that being said, the Hellcat is a beast for sure but if I ever even thought about getting one it would have to be a stick car. But then again, I do not really care about getting the absolute best performing vehicle setup for straight line performance. If I did I would have a solid rear axle and a converted auto in my car.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Well that is an easy out saying that since Ford didn't make an auto in the GT500 is handicapping the car. Ford knew there wasn't going to be a huge market for an auto GT500 simply because the market that buys those cars. Sure there is an older crowd that buys those Shelbys but come on, a manual car is 10x more fun than an auto for a lot of us. I would not want an auto muscle car myself because the two, in my mind, just do not go together. Sure the Hellcat is fast in the auto and auto cars that are converted from a manual are faster but the stick car is just plain more fun. That of course is subjective.

The Hellcat/Challenger appeals to a different target audience that typically is going to be more about comfort and convenience who would be more inclined to go for an auto option. For me, the only time an auto car should be running any other car, whatever it is, should be an auto as well. Otherwise you are just comparing apples to oranges and really not much of a comparison.

With that being said, the Hellcat is a beast for sure but if I ever even thought about getting one it would have to be a stick car. But then again, I do not really care about getting the absolute best performing vehicle setup for straight line performance. If I did I would have a solid rear axle and a converted auto in my car.

Idk man. Imo if ford offered the GT500 with a badass auto they would have sold more than the manual. Guess we'll never know for sure.

Even more reason to seeing how an A8 stacks up to a GT500 in the fact that 75% of challengers are auto and 100% of the charger. Racing the manual is like racing a unicorn.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Idk man. Imo if ford offered the GT500 with a badass auto they would have sold more than the manual. Guess we'll never know for sure.

Even more reason to seeing how an A8 stacks up to a GT500 in the fact that 75% of challengers are auto and 100% of the charger. Racing the manual is like racing a unicorn.

Fair enough. I just feel the Challenger is such a more comfortable car in which the Hellcat iteration gave it some major "balls" to go with the comfort option, then of course some nice technology. The manual car is a dying breed in a lot of segments (super cars, sports cars and now muscle cars) but there is still a big market for us manual die hards. For me it's just sad to see all of these cars going to the auto way of things.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator

Doubtful seeing as how even as bad ass as the HC auto is, the manual is outselling it..

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...25.html#/forumsite/20564/topics/272466?page=1

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/manual-dodge-challenger-hellcat-outselling-automatic-153055202.html

kaz109

Established Member
Fair enough. I just feel the Challenger is such a more comfortable car in which the Hellcat iteration gave it some major "balls" to go with the comfort option, then of course some nice technology. The manual car is a dying breed in a lot of segments (super cars, sports cars and now muscle cars) but there is still a big market for us manual die hards. For me it's just sad to see all of these cars going to the auto way of things.

What do you consider big market??

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
sooooo...let's not handicap the hellcat but we can handicap everyone else? got it.

sorry, but any idiot can jump in an auto version, mash the gas and go. I wanna see someone who can properly tame this beast and drive it the way its meant to be driven. Plus if it's a roll race what is everyone worried about? according to svtp roll racing requires no skill so all three manuals seems fair to me.

I actually like the hellcat, I think what dodge has done is impressive and bold. But I wanna see what the manual does, every review has only featured the auto. I am sure when the auto Z drops, it's gonna hurt some feelings too.

kaz109

Established Member
sooooo...let's not handicap the hellcat but we can handicap everyone else? got it.

sorry, but any idiot can jump in an auto version, mash the gas and go. I wanna see someone who can properly tame this beast and drive it the way its meant to be driven. Plus if it's a roll race what is everyone worried about? according to svtp roll racing requires no skill so all three manuals seems fair to me.

I actually like the hellcat, I think what dodge has done is impressive and bold. But I wanna see what the manual does, every review has only featured the auto. I am sure when the auto Z drops, it's gonna hurt some feelings too.

You are correct there is no skill,so why worry about about if it is an auto? You say lets not hanicap the hellcat but handicap everybody else,WHO is handicapping everybody else?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
You are correct there is no skill,so why worry about about if it is an auto? You say lets not hanicap the hellcat but handicap everybody else,WHO is handicapping everybody else?

It's hellcat lovers not wanting to handicap the hellcat with a manual, but if its auto vs two manuals, advantage hellcat obviously. Also trying to flip it is not gonna work, auto is an obvious advantage, even roll racing. Most people cannot overcome the ability of the auto to shift quickly and stay in the happy zone vs a manual. Maybe to make everyone happy, bring out two hellcat's, one manual and one auto to show the differences in performance. I don't understand this place, one day its c7z, the next its hellcat. One day its auto. Next its manual. LOL

whatever happens in the end does not matter, its a great time to be a car guy with all these performance cars running around. The discussions, excuses, etc will be endless anyway.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
It's hellcat lovers not wanting to handicap the hellcat with a manual, but if its auto vs two manuals, advantage hellcat obviously. Also trying to flip it is not gonna work, auto is an obvious advantage, even roll racing. Most people cannot overcome the ability of the auto to shift quickly and stay in the happy zone vs a manual. Maybe to make everyone happy, bring out two hellcat's, one manual and one auto to show the differences in performance. I don't understand this place, one day its c7z, the next its hellcat. One day its auto. Next its manual. LOL

whatever happens in the end does not matter, its a great time to be a car guy with all these performance cars running around. The discussions, excuses, etc will be endless anyway.

If you were to race a GTR on the street would you rather race from a roll or a dig?

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
PFJqA.gif

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Everyone knows your best chance at a gtr is from a roll, those cars are sprinkled with fairy dust. lol

Lol, agreed. I think it's kinda the same thing being talked about here. It's rare to see people race a GTR from a dig, so they "handicap" it by asking for a roll race.

We just need to see a 13/14 GT500 race both a auto and manual Hellcat to see the difference.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Lol, agreed. I think it's kinda the same thing being talked about here. It's rare to see people race a GTR from a dig, so they "handicap" it by asking for a roll race.

We just need to see a 13/14 GT500 race both a auto and manual Hellcat to see the difference.

this I can agree with.

also if a hellcat races a gtr from a dig it better be auto and have at least 305 DR's on it. I still don't know what dodge was doing equipping those cars with such skinny tires. and I think car is underrated power wise.

also just for shits and giggles, a race from a dig between the three in this video would interesting...lol

kaz109

Established Member
lol @ people thinking the GT500 will outperform the C7Z

On these hwy roll runs what makes you think it won't? Hell it can't beat a NA 6 cyl from 0-150....what makes you think it would do better against a MUCH more powerful GT500?

Users who are viewing this thread