Hellcat vs C7 Z uh ooooo

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
8spd auto trans on 60-70mph roll and were impressed? :nonono:

Correction, 45-50 rolls and the Vette Driver didn't want to go from a dig, lol. Did he think the Hellcat wouldn't have traction issues too?

Spinning or not that Vette wasn't making up ANY ground at all. That's crazy!

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Yeah let's not forget the fatcat was on OEM 275 tires. I'm sure it had traction issues too.

This car is a let down. We've been saying it for weeks and now we just have more proof. The OEM tune is killing this car's performance. 95% of the C7Z owners won't give 2 shits about VIR or ring times. They will be using the car in a straight line and be getting beat.....until they sacrifice the warranty for a custom tune.

Which is ****ing ridiculous. Id be livid.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
from the owner of the c7zo6 We did three rolls between 45-50 mph and he honked on all of them. On each run I spun the tires and went sideways when I smashed the throttle in second gear. That is why he got the jump on me every time. The first time I stopped at around 85 mph and around 100-110mph the next two races. They wanted to find an empty road somewhere for some dig runs but I didn't want to because it would've been even less traction than when I raced him at the strip. The passenger also recorded that run where I beat him by at least 1 sec. If they put up the one where he "beat" me on the highway then I also hope they put the one of when I raced him heads up on the strip.
I think my traction was so bad even in 2nd because I had taken off the drag radials and put the cold stockers back on for the ride home.
I had a feeling they were going to be talking about it even after I told them that I lost traction on each run but it is what it is.

Holy hell at the excuses. This guy is government material.

Maybe he lost because he was already thinking of excuses during the race instead of driving.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
from the owner of the c7zo6 We did three rolls between 45-50 mph and he honked on all of them. On each run I spun the tires and went sideways when I smashed the throttle in second gear. That is why he got the jump on me every time. The first time I stopped at around 85 mph and around 100-110mph the next two races. They wanted to find an empty road somewhere for some dig runs but I didn't want to because it would've been even less traction than when I raced him at the strip. The passenger also recorded that run where I beat him by at least 1 sec. If they put up the one where he "beat" me on the highway then I also hope they put the one of when I raced him heads up on the strip.
I think my traction was so bad even in 2nd because I had taken off the drag radials and put the cold stockers back on for the ride home.
I had a feeling they were going to be talking about it even after I told them that I lost traction on each run but it is what it is.

That was a whole lot of excuses! The guy can't drive for one, and his car was simply outgunned in these races. If this is supposedly the same guy that ran the low 11 on the strip with drag radials, he was still spinning like crazy on that pass. And what did he do with the drag radials, left them at the strip? Unless there was another car hauling his tires, he should've had that extra weight in the back of his car to help (even just a little bit) with his traction and weight transfer. At the least, he should've been able to stop the runaway but he got walked.

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
^^ definitely full of excuses and I watched the video, sure didn't look like he got sideways to me... Sounds like over exaggerating to make himself feel better. Yes I'm sure he spun, but I'm sure the hellcat did also, both on stock tires

If you spin that bad and go sideways at 50, then just don't race on stock tires. Pretty simple.

Both cars are awesome, I just hate all the excuses

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Yeah let's not forget the fatcat was on OEM 275 tires. I'm sure it had traction issues too.

This car is a let down. We've been saying it for weeks and now we just have more proof. The OEM tune is killing this car's performance. 95% of the C7Z owners won't give 2 shits about VIR or ring times. They will be using the car in a straight line and be getting beat.....until they sacrifice the warranty for a custom tune.

So a car that went 10.9 @ 128mph with just drag radials is a let down? Haha, this place never fails to amuse me

R1Lello

Established Member
The love for my cammed C6Z grows stronger everyday there's another loss for the C7Z..........I think I'll keep her and see what the next ZR1 will be like :)

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Yes, because the Vette should be experiencing the benefits of its better aerodynamics (and lighter weight) at that speed.

Who the hell started that rumor??

And using the maximum rate of acceleration on open roads isn't?

For those pining over the C6 Z06 over the C7, I guess you all have forgotten that factory stock C6 Z06s can also be beaten by more powerful cars. Stock C6 Z06s were losing roll races to stock '13/'14 GT500s. Don't you guys remember how whenever a C6 was taken down by a GT500, your first response was always "it took 150+ more HP to do it! herpa derpa derp!" I'd like to see a stock C6 run a stock C7 just to see how fast you'll change your tunes.

To any C7 Z06 owners reading this, welcome to the GT500 guys' world of spinning! :beer:

One hell of a difference between a 0-150 blast on a open road and trying to corner carve some back road where you cant see around the next corner.

After years of watching street racing videos I have yet to see a corner carving street race. After years of being in/around the local car scene I have yet to see a race like this. Hell, I have yet to take a car to its handling limits on a open road or ride with anyone thats stupid enough to do so.

Assume you are not going to take your 80-100 thousand dollar car onto a closed track. Where are you going to use all this handling again?

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
What this car lost in straight line speed it will make up for on the track. Rumor is it's faster then the porsche 918 at VIR...

If anyone honestly believes that same day, same driver, same course a C7 Z06 is faster around a road course than a 918, I have many, many, many oceanfront Nebraska properties to sell you.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
So a car that went 10.9 @ 128mph with just drag radials is a let down? Haha, this place never fails to amuse me
I believe the hellcat can do the same times with DRs as well.

They key difference between the two cars in the video is manual vs auto. I'm not making excuses for the c7z and wanted to see it win, but the Hellcat in this race is just faster. (auto) I'm sure the race will be even closer once its auto vs auto, maybe in that instance the c7z will win.

Also,not sure if the c7z is a let down more than the hellcat is surprisingly impressive. As posted in another thread, the c7z is a track weapon 2:41 @ VIR Grand West Course.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
If anyone honestly believes that same day, same driver, same course a C7 Z06 is faster around a road course than a 918, I have many, many, many oceanfront Nebraska properties to sell you.

Haha. Is the water clear with little fishes swimming through my toes. How about a mermaid?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Yes, there is a mermaid, but as you get closer you realize it's actually a merman named Al Oppenheiser wearing a beautiful shell bikini top.

HandBanana

Established Member
Every time I see someone bring up its corner carving abilities I think the same thing.... Who cares?

So your car can do the ring in 2 seconds flat.....what are you going to do with that ability? Using any modern car to its handling limit on open roads is insanity at best.

Hmmm...and running up over 150 on a not-quite empty highway like many of us have done or will do isn't?

This attitude is why the rest of the car world across the pond laughs at us and thinks we're just fat cowboys behind the wheel of aged, one-trick ponies. Not caring about a car's handling prowess is purely idiotic. I've had way more fun on a real track than running down the drag strip or roll-racing down a public road. Spirited driving on some of the awesome back roads we have in this country is way more enjoyable to me than just rowing through the gears in a straight line.

As far as the race results, it is crazy to think how fast cars are getting now. 500whp is a joke anymore.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Hmmm...and running up over 150 on a not-quite empty highway like many of us have done or will do isn't?

This attitude is why the rest of the car world across the pond laughs at us and thinks we're just fat cowboys behind the wheel of aged, one-trick ponies. Not caring about a car's handling prowess is purely idiotic. I've had way more fun on a real track than running down the drag strip or roll-racing down a public road. Spirited driving on some of the awesome back roads we have in this country is way more enjoyable to me than just rowing through the gears in a straight line.

As far as the race results, it is crazy to think how fast cars are getting now. 500whp is a joke anymore.

You see no difference between doing a 150+ mph blast on an open highway where you can see the traffic vs corner carving some 2 lane back road with blind corners everywhere?

There is no way, no how, I'm going to use all of a c6 Verge's handling ability on a open road, let alone a c7. Unless you're on a closed track you cannot use even 1/2 of its ability

They can laugh all they want... They also have virtually no affordable performance cars over there. And the average performance car owner in Europe does the same thing as we do....goes fast in a straight line and nothing else.

Hell, hate to tell you but unless you have spent plenty of time on a closed course you don't have the skill needed to push the car hard enough for all the tech to make a difference. Once again, what are you going to do with it? How many times in your life have you used a cars handling to even a fraction of its ability?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Internet logic. If one car is beat by another, it's a let down... :bored: C7Z is still awesome regardless. The difference between the two cars is, the Corvette was designed to be more of a balanced sports car whereas the Hellcat was designed to be more of a straight line driver. People who say curves don't matter must live in some flat, boring ass places. We have just as much curvy roads as straight here in VA. I guess if you live in areas with nothing but highways and city roads, 1/4 mile cars are where it's at.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Internet logic. If one car is beat by another, it's a let down... :bored: C7Z is still awesome regardless. The difference between the two cars is, the Corvette was designed to be more of a balanced sports car whereas the Hellcat was designed to be more of a straight line driver. People who say curves don't matter must live in some flat, boring ass places. We have just as much curvy roads as straight here in VA. I guess if you live in areas with nothing but highways and city roads, 1/4 mile cars are where it's at.
When you have people like 2000gt4.6 who cannot wring out the handling performance of a c7z and think its just the same as a hellcat, the rest of the world laughs at you.

Users who are viewing this thread