Hellcat vs C7 Z uh ooooo

Z06

Established Member
C7 Z owner chimed in already over at CF. He spun each race and apparently there is a run he won by a second but they didn't post. Also one on the strip and another against the TA. Don't know if we will ever see those since the vids are from the hellcat gang.

paintless302

Established Member
I will say, you can see him spinning a bit on the hits, however, the pull continues on the hellcat side in gear with the vette in traction. Either the cars are so close from a roll on that the slightest mistep from either side means a loss (which judging by both cars trap speeds is plausible), or the vette is spinning a lot more than what it looks like from the vid.

I'll embed the video for the peoples;

[youtube_browser]7qLYvNjoLR0[/youtube_browser]

Z06

Established Member
Agreed, I was waiting for the Z to reel him in. The Z lost, no excuses here. Since we have most videos of Z's doing not so good things besides on the track, would be nice to see a tuned one run. Apparently that might help its case.

jbou91

Established Member
Is it me or the guy in the c7 can't even drive an auto? I hear it down shift every time and that's killing him... lol

paintless302

Established Member
Theres a place down the street from me called;

tumblr_inline_mivwdbLLvT1qz4rgp.jpg

Everytime someone mentions the Hellcat i think FATCAT LOL. I love those cars though :)

blkstang302

Established Member
You can only spin for so long, the hellcat had it beat. It is soo incredibly stupid that the Z06 is losing to that fat slob. For what it has to live up to, the C7 Z06 should be leaving both the hellcat and viper in the dust... I don't care if it's a straight line or not.

thomp7k

Established Member
The C7 is not an automatic, they are not out to customers yet .... The C7 in the video is a 7 speed, ... either way it's looks they were playing around... or the guy in the C7 don't know how to shift...

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Those were some good runs. How was the fatcat able to keep traction?

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I never thought I would see the day when the new Z06 was released and was getting walked by cars in, above, and below its class.

Sad thing is a bunch of guys will have to void their warranties and risk blowing the motor before we see the days of the C6Z again.

I'm a little saddened for the Vette and Im not even a GM fan.

yenko boy

Established Member
What this car lost in straight line speed it will make up for on the track. Rumor is it's faster then the porsche 918 at VIR...

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I never thought I would see the day when the new Z06 was released and was getting walked by cars in, above, and below its class.

Sad thing is a bunch of guys will have to void their warranties and risk blowing the motor before we see the days of the C6Z again.

I'm a little saddened for the Vette and Im not even a GM fan.

Yep, The C7Z is a let down that's for sure. Cant wait to find one video the outcome.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
What this car lost in straight line speed it will make up for on the track. Rumor is it's faster then the porsche 918 at VIR...

Well that aint gonna help in a street race B, Every race ive ever had on the street was pretty straight and when ive been in the curves the guys never will follow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread