Hellcat 10.77 pass

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
In Florida heat, magazine editors were reporting 10.50s.

Oh gotcha. I just remember reading on a Hellcat forum that some people were still in the 11's with them. Might have been when they first got them into the public's hands. I'm not sure.

GotGrunt

Established Member
Oh gotcha. I just remember reading on a Hellcat forum that some people were still in the 11's with them. Might have been when they first got them into the public's hands. I'm not sure.

You must be thinking of a different car. Only a handful have been delivered to customers so far and being winter time in most of the country, I have yet to see an owner at the drag strip with one.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
You must be thinking of a different car. Only a handful have been delivered to customers so far and being winter time in most of the country, I have yet to see an owner at the drag strip with one.

Perhaps. I'll try to see if I can find the thread on it though. I'm 99 percent sure they were talking about the Demons not matching all the hype Dodge put on them. My numbers could be off, the ole memory isn't like it used to be.

It may have been on Camaro6 too, so they may have been biased talking about a few magazines that reported bad times. I'm not sure.

GotGrunt

Established Member
My best pass to date. 10.77 @ 128. 555r's on factory wheels, 305/35/20. K&N CAI. Factory everything else, tune, weight, etc... The mustang went 9.5.

Excellent times, especially with 20” 555Rs. What was your 60’ time? Are you still running the stock driveshaft?

Nice run...What did it run STOCK?

You can’t get any more stock than this car. FWIW, the K&N CAI may actually hurt power compared to the sealed factory air box/scoop in the grill. It is just sucking in hot air.

Last edited:

GotGrunt

Established Member
Plot twist, you actually can get more stock than his car.

You can’t expect someone to take their 700+ hp car to the drag strip on factory rubber, right? You could but it’s not gonna get any best passes that way. Waste of time & money. It’s not like the car is on 17” slicks with skinnies up front. It has 20” 555Rs (not the stickiest out there) on the stock wheels. And like I said, the factory sealed air box may perform better than that K&N CAI. To appease you though, yes the car is “not stock” lol

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Attaboy. How quick you wanting to run stock?

track should reopen mid January. Hopefully right track prep and 05r's will net me a 10.6x pass. I'll bring the stock airbox. It's literally a 30 minute swap.

Very nice! What an awesome DD that would make.

What kind of 60ft were you pulling? Looks like it launched pretty hard.

1.60 60ft

Excellent times, especially with 20” 555Rs. What was your 60’ time? Are you still running the stock driveshaft?

You can’t get any more stock than this car. FWIW, the K&N CAI may actually hurt power compared to the sealed factory air box/scoop in the grill. It is just sucking in hot air.

stock DS. Supposedly improved in 16+ cars over the 15 DS.

You can’t expect someone to take their 700+ hp car to the drag strip on factory rubber, right? You could but it’s not gonna get any best passes that way. Waste of time & money. It’s not like the car is on 17” slicks with skinnies up front. It has 20” 555Rs (not the stickiest out there) on the stock wheels. And like I said, the factory sealed air box may perform better than that K&N CAI. To appease you though, yes the car is “not stock” lol

Thanks. I plan to do a TNT and bring the factory box and compare. I've been told by several people the K&N is probably hurting the car. But it does sound good.

Nice job Rich.

Thanks.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
If anyone believes a Demon will not hit 9's. They're delusional.

I think I found it, one guy says something about being stuck in the 10's. I'm not sure if that is the original thread I found that comment in but who knows (I'm thinking it's not but I give up the hunt). For some reason Demon and 11 stuck in my mind from some post on there.

So many unexpected numbers being thrown around in my mind by being presented from so many people right now. I just thought the guys putting 11's in were the well to do rich folk who had no clue what they were doing early on with the car and blowing off the tires on a cold track.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I think I found it, one guy says something about being stuck in the 10's. I'm not sure if that is the original thread I found that comment in but who knows (I'm thinking it's not but I give up the hunt). For some reason Demon and 11 stuck in my mind from some post on there.

So many unexpected numbers being thrown around in my mind by being presented from so many people right now. I just thought the guys putting 11's in were the well to do rich folk who had no clue what they were doing early on with the car and blowing off the tires.

I think that was magazine testing in the heat of summer. Everyone slows down. Give me one and I guarantee a 9 second pass as they sit.

2011fiveliter

Established Member
Nice pass, these hellcat seem to run very consistently. My 2016 hellcat challenger has been a best of 10.80@131mph. I went 11/12/17 to keystone raceway in PA. and made 8 passes, all were between 10.80 - 10.90. 130-131mph. Very happy, until I snapped my stock DS in half.

The 2016 hellcat DS are improved, but will snap

I am running a 275/40r20 MT et S/S tire, everything else stock. A8

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
When someone runs 9's in a Demon we'll all hear about it...The MPH is a bigger factor for me.

Users who are viewing this thread