Heating nitrous bottle

ctgreddy

Established Member
but if the bottle is basically empty now, it will take longer than usual to heat it up. say your bottles full but it's cold and you only have 800psi, it wont take but 5-10 minutes to get up to 950 or so. then if your bottles almost empty at 700 psi and cold, even with a warmer since it's almost empty it'll take longer. so until you get a full bottle and try it I wouldn't try and find a different option.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
but if the bottle is basically empty now, it will take longer than usual to heat it up. say your bottles full but it's cold and you only have 800psi, it wont take but 5-10 minutes to get up to 950 or so. then if your bottles almost empty at 700 psi and cold, even with a warmer since it's almost empty it'll take longer. so until you get a full bottle and try it I wouldn't try and find a different option.

Its full now. Im gonna try it out this weekend.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Freeze the bottle good before the refill to get the max amount in, that first hit is Awesome, loved the 150 kit in my 89GT

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Freeze the bottle good before the refill to get the max amount in, that first hit is Awesome, loved the 150 kit in my 89GT

yup we start with the bottles around -4 to 20* depending on how long weve been at the shop (stand alone freezer we put them in) then heat the master bottle to around 120-130* have the small bottles on the scale then a feed line with a filter and 2 shut off valves. one to shut off the flow then the 2nd to dump the rest out of the line so we can get the feed line off (speedtech quikies dont line pressure)

we can fill a bottle in about 30 seconds that way

Digital

Established Member
Get two bottle warmers and make sure they are wrapped around the bottle evenly and then cover that with a blanket. Make sure the warmers are positioned towards the bottom of the bottle if they don't fit the bottle perfectly.

Since nitrous is a liquid inside the bottle it settles towards the bottom of the bottle, especially if you have the bottle mounted at a bottom facing angle like most people do. A common mistake is to put a "half" warmer on top of the bottle towards the top which takes a lot longer to heat the liquid that's pooled at the bottom back of the bottle.

Using two "half" warmers to completely encircle the bottle and then zipping a bottle blanket over that will give you maximum heating. Always have a bottle pressure gauge in-cab so you can monitor your PSI and cut off the warmers if you're close to breach pressure for some reason.

If you're going to use a torch grab a MAP gas torch as it burns much hotter then butane. Keep the flame moving at about the speed an ant runs around the pooled liquid and keep an eye on the bottle pressure. If you start to burn the paint on the bottle you're moving it too slowly and concentrating on one area too much.

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
They guys I take my bottle to have me freeze it before I come.

Good info Digital I might buy another heating pad.

deepblue13

Established Member
I always had temp problems when I had a zex heaters switched to dynotune and it was solved.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yeah It was such a pain in the ass to use today that I ended up using a torch. What a piece.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
What I always used to do was fill some water jugs with hot water. I usually used smaller ones like gatorade bottles like football players drink out of. I would lay the hot water bottles next to the nitrous bottle, actually touching the bottle. Then I would use a bed blanket to wrap around the hot water bottles and the nitrous bottle.

It took about 20 minutes and that bottle was warm even in 40-50 degree weather.

mrbigjeep

Established Member
i used a harris speed works bottle heater and it worked great. 10-15 minutes would get it up to 1000+ psi and it would maintain that.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
NANO nitrous works for me and the bottle heater got retired afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread