Heating nitrous bottle

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
What is the best and safest way? I have an automatic heating pad but it takes a long time and when its colder than 55 degrees it wont hardly get to temperature. I heard using a torch works well but is dangerous. I have read about nano kits but dont want to spend a ton of money on something like that.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Bottle warmer is the best and safest way. Are you actually using nitrous on cold pavement?

I havent sprayed yet but I would think 60 degrees or so would be fine. If I get on it and its not looking like it will hook I wont be using it until it warms up more.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
we have a heater box that we keep 4 bottles in at around 92-96 degres while we are at the track. hot water baths are another if you have that option.

but for in car the best is the bottle blanket in a bottle cover.

we use a torch in a pinch if the bottles get cold in the lane but you need to be smart how you do that. and most people needless to say are not smart about it

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
we have a heater box that we keep 4 bottles in at around 92-96 degres while we are at the track. hot water baths are another if you have that option.

but for in car the best is the bottle blanket in a bottle cover.

we use a torch in a pinch if the bottles get cold in the lane but you need to be smart how you do that. and most people needless to say are not smart about it

I have heard of heater boxes but I guess I should have mentioned I would like to keep the bottle in the car. It has a blow down tube and auto opener on it and I dont want to be taking that on and off all the time.

Whats the safest way to use a torch if I had to?

346CamaroSS

Established Member
860 heater bracket from nitrous outlet. Its a ridiculously sweet set up. Heats up quick and maintains bottle pressure pretty good.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
I have heard of heater boxes but I guess I should have mentioned I would like to keep the bottle in the car. It has a blow down tube and auto opener on it and I dont want to be taking that on and off all the time.

Whats the safest way to use a torch if I had to?

keeping it a few inches from the bottle and keeping it moving. idea is not to create hot spots in the bottle which weakin the bottle. but its pretty hard to do in a car with normal bottle mounts and most track get a bit pissed if they see you.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
860 heater bracket from nitrous outlet. Its a ridiculously sweet set up. Heats up quick and maintains bottle pressure pretty good.

Is that not just like a heating pad? Or does it really work that much better?

keeping it a few inches from the bottle and keeping it moving. idea is not to create hot spots in the bottle which weakin the bottle. but its pretty hard to do in a car with normal bottle mounts and most track get a bit pissed if they see you.

Alright thanks. I can un mount the bottle and just leave everything else attached. I thought about using a hair dryer but not sure if it will work well or be a waste of time.

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If your a novice with a torch DON'T even consider it get a specific NOS bottle warmer

Gotta learn some way. If I just keep moving the torch around and dont torch the very bottom of the bottle wont I be okay?

Driver500

Established Member
Gotta learn some way. If I just keep moving the torch around and dont torch the very bottom of the bottle wont I be okay?

no..

ditch the "I hurt my back" heating pad you are using and get a proper bottle blanket. Dynotune sells one that you can set for bottle pressure for around $100.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Just stop being cheap and get a good heater, end of story.

lol stop being cheap? I spent over $1000 on all my nitrous stuff. Im just seeing if there is an alternative to spending a bunch more money.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
There's always alternatives, in this case yes a torch is one. Will it work? Yes it will. Should you do it? No. It's that simple. You asked the safest and best way to heat your bottle and a torch is neither of those. All I'm saying is that spending the money on a good heater is better than carrying a torch in your car.

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Zex heater from AM.

I drove home about 30+min from my mustang shop with the heater on. When I left bottle pressure was at like 600 and when I got home it hit 700 thats it. Now my bottle might have been low but im not sure. In warm weather it might work like a charm but im just looking for something to help it out during cooler temps. I will be using my nitrous this weekend against some people and will see how it works with a full bottle and mid to low 60's temps.

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
i'd make sure the bottle has a good amount in it before you blame the heater. if it's almost empty no heater will make up for it, maybe a torch will get it up to 900 but after the initial hit it'll fall down extremely fast.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
i'd make sure the bottle has a good amount in it before you blame the heater. if it's almost empty no heater will make up for it, maybe a torch will get it up to 900 but after the initial hit it'll fall down extremely fast.

True but regardless if the heater gets it up to temp, to me it is taking too long. I mean if I am at the track and after a run I lose 100psi or however much I dont want to have to wait 30min for it to get back up. Thats why I mentioned getting a hair dryer or something.

Do they make special blankets for nitrous bottles to hold heat in or should I just wrap it in a normal blanket to help keep the warmth in?

Users who are viewing this thread