WANTED: Heater hose 03-4 Cobra

hunterp

Established Member
Been trying to find one of the heater hoses that plugs into the firewall and I'm striking out everywhere. The number printed on the hose is 1R3H-18K579-BA, but may also be known as KH144 (I think). Tried Rock-Auto, eBay and a few other well-known spots and I'm coming up with nada. Local salvage yards haven't been any help either. TIA

IMG_0794.jpgIMG_0791.jpg

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Been trying to find one of the heater hoses that plugs into the firewall and I'm striking out everywhere. The number printed on the hose is 1R3H-18K579-BA, but may also be known as KH144 (I think). Tried Rock-Auto, eBay and a few other well-known spots and I'm coming up with nada. Local salvage yards haven't been any help either. TIA

View attachment 1731664View attachment 1731663
that is your old one, right?? the larger one, 3/4"? i am assuming the only thing wrong with it is the quick connect fitting, right?? and that the hose itself is ok?

if so, carefully cut that silver crimp off using a dremel, and then pull the old elbow out. order either motorcraft KT92 (ford xc2z-18b402-da), dorman 800-418, or gates 28505. put the new quick disconnect elbow in using a hose clamp, and you are golden.

i happen to know this because last year when i pulled my motor out, i couldn't get the hoses off the firewall so i cut them and planned to just use some generic 3/4 and 5/8 elbows. but i learned that many ford models use this exact quick disconnect fitting inserted into the ends of the hoses and i found that there are many to choose from!

hunterp

Established Member
that is your old one, right?? the larger one, 3/4"? i am assuming the only thing wrong with it is the quick connect fitting, right?? and that the hose itself is ok?

if so, carefully cut that silver crimp off using a dremel, and then pull the old elbow out. order either motorcraft KT92 (ford xc2z-18b402-da), dorman 800-418, or gates 28505. put the new quick disconnect elbow in using a hose clamp, and you are golden.

i happen to know this because last year when i pulled my motor out, i couldn't get the hoses off the firewall so i cut them and planned to just use some generic 3/4 and 5/8 elbows. but i learned that many ford models use this exact quick disconnect fitting inserted into the ends of the hoses and i found that there are many to choose from!
Yes, it's the 3/4 inch hose and yes, that's the old one. Unfortunately, when they pulled the hose off, they destroyed a good portion of the other end getting it off, so I need to look for new hose as well. I was already looking at connectors and looking for hose now too since I think finding a motorcraft hose is a lost cause. This was pretty much my last stop.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I have one that was purchased 8-24-12. It cost $68.40. It is the correct hose Kk-144 Motorcraft number. Tag also displays a different Ford part number then your search. Try searching the correct ford number. If you can't find it I would consider selling this one but it would be $100 plus shipping. I've seen these sale on Ebay for over $150. Good luck
20211220_170748.jpeg
20211220_170740.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

hunterp

Established Member
I have one that was purchased 8-24-12. It cost $68.40. It is the correct hose Kk-144 Motorcraft number. Tag also displays a different Ford part number then your search. Try searching the correct ford number. If you can't find it I would consider selling this one but it would be $100 plus shipping. I've seen these sale on Ebay for over $150. Good luck

Interesting. Now that I'm looking at it again, Rock Auto has both my part number and yours as alternate part numbers for the KH-144 part number. The clamp end of the one you have looks like it's going the opposite direction of mine though.

hunterp

Established Member
Here is a more comparable picture. The other rear hose is completely different.View attachment 1731687

In this photo, is the clamp end above or below the quick connect end? It looks like it's above it. Not sure if it could be made to work or not without putting a serious kink in it. Which car did you buy it for? Here's a photo of mine from the same angle.

IMG_0795.jpg

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Both the Mach 1 and Cobra share the same hose configuration for the heater. I have original ford parts diagrams and call numbers for both. Good luck in your search.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
I just bought both of these hoses, from rock auto a couple of months ago when I put my new motor in. The clamps are easy to take on and off if you know how the clamp works. It did take a little bit to figure out though.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

termcobra281

Established Member
If all else fails, you can go with a HVAC heater hose connector from a parts store. It will have the quick connect on one side and the other side you can clamp your hose onto it.

This sounds like a good plan. I would think one of those would work.

Users who are viewing this thread