Heat Exchangers?

Mustang289

Established Member
I'm putting on a 2.76 upper, mafia, plugs and tune this summer. Got a stock HE still on, thoughts on upgrading to a new HE?

cobracide

Established Member
Stock is fine. Look at a Riesche thermostat w/modified fan temps, head cooling mod and killer chiller for cooling.

Last edited:

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
auto zone has the 170temp thermostat for 8$ It looks the same as the tstat listed above.....i compared them in person and sent the 60$ tstat back

Last edited:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Ever had a stuck thermostat, i would pay the 60 bucks for insurance

auto zone has the 170temp thermostat for 8$ It looks the same as the tstat listed above.....i compared them in person and sent the 60$ tstat back

Its not the same one. The Reische can only be purchased directly from him or LethalPerformance. And there's no way that AutoZone is paying $60 for his t-stat and selling it for $8.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member

The plunger on that $8 stat is not going to seal to the housing like it should. It will let coolant by at all times and that is not the proper function of a tstat. I had the $8 stat in my car when I bought it. Swapped to the Reische and dropped my temps considerably. Search and you will see why the $8 stat is no good.

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
The plunger on that $8 stat is not going to seal to the housing like it should. It will let coolant by at all times and that is not the proper function of a tstat. I had the $8 stat in my car when I bought it. Swapped to the Reische and dropped my temps considerably. Search and you will see why the $8 stat is no good.

(EXpierence)that I cant argue with... thankx it visually looked pretty close...but your right, was reading about the Reische and the reason why its so expensive is because he uses two oem ford tstats to make one good one...thanks the reische is on order again lol

Users who are viewing this thread