Heat Exchanger and Brackets???

Apicia

Established Member
Tried replacing my Kenne Bell heat exchanger with an AFCO Pro-Series heat exchanger for an 03/04 Cobra. The brackets are completely different. Not even close. Fail on the install.

Anyone have a set of heat exchanger brackets laying around? It would be much easier than fabricating something up for sure.

Any other solutions?

PipeHitter

Established Member
Looking for OEM brackets? Better sit down if you want them from Ford. These are recent Tousley prices:

2r3z8a193aa = $155.79
2r3z8c386aa = $27.02 x 2

I was looking for a set while repairing a wrecked Cobra and after pricing them I decided to straighten them with a vice and heat, they turned out good as new. But if I couldn't, I was going to buy some aluminum stock from Lowe's and make my own for like $10.

Apicia

Established Member
Looking for OEM brackets? Better sit down if you want them from Ford. These are recent Tousley prices:

2r3z8a193aa = $155.79
2r3z8c386aa = $27.02 x 2

I was looking for a set while repairing a wrecked Cobra and after pricing them I decided to straighten them with a vice and heat, they turned out good as new. But if I couldn't, I was going to buy some aluminum stock from Lowe's and make my own for like $10.

Wow on price. Not good.

Apicia

Established Member
Can I bolt these up to an 01 Saleen? I would think so, but will there be any difficulty with mounting holes in the existing bumper or whatever the brackets bolt up to?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Can I bolt these up to an 01 Saleen? I would think so, but will there be any difficulty with mounting holes in the existing bumper or whatever the brackets bolt up to?

You should have no problem; the brackets simply hang on the (stamped steel) bumper without being bolted down to anything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread