Heads up if you have large gaps underneath headlights.

CuLaTeR

Established Member
I decided to do a little car cleaning today. I took out both headlights to notice my bumper was not put on correctly. I was able to slide my fingers under both of the headlights with ease. I figured something was wrong but just dealt with it.

I didn't have my camera so I was unable to take pictures. I am going to take my bumper off this weekend and take pictures then.

When removing the headlights, there are 3 flaps that are supposed to fit into a designated area to secure the bumper in place. Instead of my bumper being fitted properly into these designated areas, the bumper flaps were underneath where they were supposed to be giving me this 3/4 inch gap between the bumper and headlight. My front bumper was also loose.

I decided to check over my engine abit to find numerous bolts loose including the battery hold down which had no screw in it at all. I also found 6 red caps which I figured them to be spark plug covers in the engine compartment as well.

Is quality really job 1??

drksuroo

Established Member
My whole front bumper cover lifts up quite a bit. Can't figure out how to tighten it. Know what you mean. Gaps look good though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry to hear you found so many things wrong. I guess I've been really fortunate. No loose bolts, etc. to report. I did just find a burnt out rear license plate bulb that will have to be replaced. I've been very pleased so far with the quality of my Cobra. Much better than what I experienced with my '94 Z-28 and 2000 Blazer.
:p

SuperSonic

Established Member
The only thing I found loose on mine so far after 9000 miles was one of the bolts for the K-frame brace on the front suspension was almost falling out. I just had my tranny replaced because of the TOB/input shaft retainer failing, so I need to get under there and make sure they tightened everything down. Dealerships scare me.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I had the same problem with my 01. It only took about 30 minutes to fix and helped stablility a lot. I the same caps inder my hood too. I think there were 3 or 4. I had some ugly welds under the hood also. Good luck with the fix!

Travis

drksuroo

Established Member
While I'm thinking about it, anybody else not have a signature tag on the motor? Don't have one and never did. I guess nobody wanted to claim their work! (tick, tick, tick)

trey193

Established Member
I noticed my hood is out of align ! The drivers side is noticeably closer to the fender than the pass. side, would they fix this under warranty?

maoun

Established Member
you'll easily be able to fix your bumper when you guys all install the fluidyne heat exchanger, RIGHT? hehehe

m.

CuLaTeR

Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
you'll easily be able to fix your bumper when you guys all install the fluidyne heat exchanger, RIGHT? hehehe

m.

I dislike the fact that the Fluidyne needs to be modded to be installed. I want to do the installation myself.

I wasn't complaining about the bumper being installed wrong. People make mistakes. I guess I was more disappointed.

Bad day. Went on the highway for the second time and took a rock to the heat exchanger and windshield. The rock that hit the windsheild riccocheted off the windsheild and hit the piller molding leaving sizable damage. The rock that hit the HE tore up the coils but didn't puncture anything.

SnakeR

Established Member
Originally posted by CuLaTeR
I decided to check over my engine abit to find numerous bolts loose including the battery hold down which had no screw in it at all. I also found 6 red caps which I figured them to be spark plug covers in the engine compartment as well.

Is quality really job 1??

Those caps are usually protective covers for threaded ends on tubing, lines and such. When they assemble the engine area I think the techs just toss them aside and they land wherever, like in crevices and on the frame rails.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by drksuroo
While I'm thinking about it, anybody else not have a signature tag on the motor? Don't have one and never did. I guess nobody wanted to claim their work! (tick, tick, tick)

If you call svt they will tell you to look under your car and back of engine there should be a tag with # or was it a stamping what ever they will tell you, Then they can have a tag sent out to you, They keep track of our engines in case a replacement tag is needed
Hope that helps

rskdsk

Established Member
My rear bumper fell off the car .... at the dealership (thank god). It turned out that I was missing four out of the 6 bolds that hold it on. Ford ordered a new bumper, repainted it (looks like sh$t) and sent me on my way. This is the second rear bumper paint job on my car ... the fun never stops.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by oldmodman
VenomousSVT, your new front deflector looks great. What kind is it and how hard was it to install?

Thanks for the compliment! It is the ford piece. I ordered it, had a bodyshop paint it and I did the work myself. I have done the install twice now and it was easier the first time than the second. I had the splitter on when I tboned an idiot that turned in front of me. They had to replave the stock bumper but the splitter was too low and survived except for a few scratches. When the new bumper was put on I told the body shop not to touch the splitter that I would do it. It isnt really hard to do, just take your time and line everything up as best as possibly. Do the inner fenders first, then the middle and the rest is history.

Travis:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread