Heads up display android app.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
This is a cool gps based app that works pretty damn good. At least at night, not so much in the daytime. I have it on an old smartphone I don't use anymore. Thought I would share.

IMAG0028_zps4d718002.jpg

IMAG0031_zps57346b64.jpg

IMAG0032_1_zps0dc4a236.jpg

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
It uses satellite GPS to tell you your exact speed. The app is called Car HUD on google play.

Last edited:

helloWorld

Established Member
Look up Speedview on the Android Play Store.

It has many options of what you can display on screen. It also has a windshield HUD mode. I currently have mine set up to display my current speed, distance traveled, what direction I am traveling relative to a 360 degree circle, and what elevation I am currently traveling at.

helloWorld

Established Member
Quick double post, Speedview also has built in functions to determine your 0-60 times and quarter mile times and "trap" speed.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Look up Speedview on the Android Play Store.

It has many options of what you can display on screen. It also has a windshield HUD mode. I currently have mine set up to display my current speed, distance traveled, what direction I am traveling relative to a 360 degree circle, and what elevation I am currently traveling at.

I'll have to look that one up man.

Last edited:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Where does your phone go when you turn? Seems dangerous to have the phone flying around the inside of the car while driving, much less an accident

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pretty neat app. The things they can do with smartphones nowadays is mind boggling at times.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Only thing I want to do now is find a way so it can reflect better in the daytime. I might cut a small square of window tint exactly the size of the phone screen, place it on the windshield on the spot the HUD reflects, and see if it reflects the image in the daytime.

I'm going to try a light piece of window tint first, so it can be almost invisible.

Users who are viewing this thread