Headers? Worth the time and money?

03dsgsnake

Established Member
headers

definitely go with the bassani mids they are easier to put on. you do one primary at atime and slip collector on and tighten up. And the removable catted x matches up perfect. Like i said earl;ier if you are going to want to get the most out of yourengine breathing wise and power wise not to mention engine running cooler than do it! After all was said and done with my mods i saw a 25hp increase when i put them on. really woke up the bottom and mid and the top forget about it screeeeams!!.Just have a reputable shop do the install and get the best price its a real pia but def worth longterm, not short:bowdown:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Ive got a full bassani system myself and while headers will add some power they are not a big power mod on blown cars like they are NA cars because ultimately the blower is in control of the air that enters and in turn exits the system.

Personally I wouldnt bother with headers unless your goa is ~600rwhp or more or you are trying to eek every ounce of power out of an eaton combo for some reason. If your just starting to mod your car stick with a mid pipe and cat back and spend the header money elsewhere for now.

tjs98gt

Established Member
well i would do the install myself, just drop the K, take a days worth of time, and besides next week the lift gets installed in my garage

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
When I was unported, I actually lost power with the JBA Shorties...dynoed on back to back days, same time of day, same cool down. Similar weather conditions...etc...

Before I was 469rwhp, after I was 462. I remember the numbers exactly. The torque was roughly the same.

I never did redyno it before going ported though.

EDIT: And I spent roughly almost a 1k on these damn things (headers + install)

Last edited:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
SW headers improved a stock car exhaust only from 367rwhp to 400rwhp and 357rwtq to 380 thats 33rwhp 23rwtq the dyno sheet is onthere website

kennycoulter

Established Member
anyone do the fiberglass wrap on their headers when they install them? is there room, or is the tollerances too close for wrap to fit between the headers and parts like the k-member and steering parts?
is wrap a waste of money?

RTR GHIG

Established Member
I'm getting the BBK longtubes installed starting today, but probably won't get done til tuesday after the new tune. I'll let ya'll know of the hp/tq improvements. Currently I'm at 553/523 on a mustang dyno.

04torchred

Established Member
kennycoulter said:
anyone do the fiberglass wrap on their headers when they install them? is there room, or is the tollerances too close for wrap to fit between the headers and parts like the k-member and steering parts?
is wrap a waste of money?

I think wrap is a waste. You have good ceramic coatings now a days so why bother wrapping. Plus if you get moisture in between the wrap and the metal it can rust.

Users who are viewing this thread