Headers worth it ??? Bolt on

momogt

Established Member
I was thinking about doing a 302 intake would long tubes be better

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
how much power and torque did you gain through the power curve also you having a automatic were there any fitment issues with the jba,s

I can tell you the jba's on my car fit like a glove. The H pipe needed a little coaching but nothing major. I say go for it. Great price and great performance mod.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
Headers worth it? What is worth what ? it is up to the person that spends what money on the mod... according to Ford Racing, throw a set of LT headers on a set of 2013 CJ Boss cams and the they really work well together... I think it all has to do with the duration of the cam. 290 vs 263 stock

I look at it this way... Once the mod is done... then you decide if it was worth it...

1 7/8 LT Headers was the first thing I did to mine, and happy I done so.

I say stick with the stock intake, go large 1 7/8 headers , 85mm tb, go 100+mm CAI, go CJ Boss cams w/boss heads if N/A is the thing you want to do.

I call this the JW Big Bang Pack. now if I just had a web site to sell the thing on, i would give you part numbers... But it aint free.

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Headers worth it? What is worth what ? it is up to the person that spends what money on the mod... according to Ford Racing, throw a set of LT headers on a set of 2013 CJ Boss cams and the they really work well together... I think it all has to do with the duration of the cam. 290 vs 263 stock

I look at it this way... Once the mod is done... then you decide if it was worth it...

1 7/8 LT Headers was the first thing I did to mine, and happy I done so.

I say stick with the stock intake, go large 1 7/8 headers , 85mm tb, go 100+mm CAI, go CJ Boss cams w/boss heads if N/A is the thing you want to do.

I call this the JW Big Bang Pack. now if I just had a web site to sell the thing on, i would give you part numbers... But it aint free.

What are CJ Boss cams ? You realize that Boss Cams and Cobrajet Cams are two different setups right? Perhaps you're referring to CJ Intake and Boss Exhaust ? Either way. That setup is trash for what you'd spend compared to what else is out there.

This "JW Big Bang Pack" is a waste of money.

This is terrible information for someone wanting to stay NA.

If you're going through the headache of changing cams in the car. Get something worth while.

The CJ Intake Manifold with the SCJ Monoblade TB and CAI is a way better way to spend your money, If someone is in the market for a TB & CAI or is wanting to maximize an N/A Setup. If you're going to do cams, the Comp Stage 3 NSR cams have proved 40+ To the wheels. That's 4 times of what guys see that go to CJ cams.

When you show me a JW Wacky Pack setup that's put down 500-550 to the wheels NA then, maybe i'll give you some credit.

Do yourself a favor and don't pay for a domain name and a web developer to try to "Sell" this hunk of garbage on. Because you'd just be wasting your money. No one is going to buy that package, and as for the part numbers...... Anyone can get those. You're no body special!

Last edited:

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
index_zpsea2ad242.jpg

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
What are CJ Boss cams ? You realize that Boss Cams and Cobrajet Cams are two different setups right? Perhaps you're referring to CJ Intake and Boss Exhaust ? Either way. That setup is trash for what you'd spend compared to what else is out there.

If you're going through the headache of changing cams in the car. Get something worth while.

The CJ Intake Manifold with the SCJ Monoblade TB and CAI is a way better way to spend your money, If someone is in the market for a TB & CAI or is wanting to maximize an N/A Setup. If you're going to do cams, the Comp Stage 3 NSR cams have proved 40+ To the wheels. That's 4 times of what guys see that go to CJ cams.

When you show me a JW Wacky Pack setup that's put down 500-550 to the wheels NA then, maybe i'll give you some credit.

Do yourself a favor and don't pay for a domain name and a web developer to try to "Sell" this hunk of garbage on. Because you'd just be wasting your money. No one is going to buy that package, and as for the part numbers...... Anyone can get those. You're no body special!

Sorry someone pissed in your post toasties this morning... maybe you should go back to bed and wake up on the other side...
2012 BOSS 302 INTAKE CAM SET M-6550-M50BINT
2012 BOSS 302 EXHAUST CAM SET M-6550-M50BEXH

And I think the as you called JW Wacky Pack setup is a great setup for a NA coyote engine...
so lets go over this on more time...

To add if you want to take a stock coyote block way beyond its red line of 7k and twist it to 7500 or 8k thats total up to you... but to stay stock with the factory short block... I would say stay with the stock intake as well... not unless you plan on when you do race for the next shift to start well above 5500 and extend way beyond 7000... then you get into stock coyote block questions...

Adding the CJ intake and SCJ TB is a whole other animal when done to a boss with the factory boss heads... I know I have one sitting in my garage.

Last edited:

jjd975

Established Member

^this

JJ 10.88 Coyote

Established Member
We have installed them all and every set of LT's we have installed have picked up 20-30hp. We recently did a set of BBK's (customer supplied) on a 13 and it picked up 27hp with stock tune.

The power gains are there and they are worth the money IMHO. Our own car dropped .3 and picked up 4mph after installation of the LT's on the same tune, same combo and pretty much the same weather.

Yes worth it. :)

JJ

Zevox

Established Member
We have installed them all and every set of LT's we have installed have picked up 20-30hp. We recently did a set of BBK's (customer supplied) on a 13 and it picked up 27hp with stock tune.

The power gains are there and they are worth the money IMHO. Our own car dropped .3 and picked up 4mph after installation of the LT's on the same tune, same combo and pretty much the same weather.

Yes worth it. :)

JJ

You can run long tubes on a stock tune? I didn't know that, learn something new every day :beer:

IGO 202

Established Member
FWIW.......

After installing a set of Kooks shorties & JPC over the axle pipes I picked up 14 peak hp & 19 ft lbs of tq.
Great midrange results too.

No doubt long tubes would be even better but I'm pleased.

Dan

momogt

Established Member
FWIW.......

After installing a set of Kooks shorties & JPC over the axle pipes I picked up 14 peak hp & 19 ft lbs of tq.
Great midrange results too.

No doubt long tubes would be even better but I'm pleased.

Dan

good numbers for shorty header

burke985

Established Member
I guess I'm in the minority because I think LT headers make most exhausts sound like loud raspy doggy doo doo.

ExTurbo

Established Member
I guess I'm in the minority because I think LT headers make most exhausts sound like loud raspy doggy doo doo.

Most people associate the rasp with getting rid of the cats, i personally am not a fan of the way cat deletes sound, mostly because i drove a 5.0 with headers and GT500's. I couldnt wait to get my car to sound like that. Nothing like a 5.0 screaming at 7000+ with longtubes, i get SO many compliments on the way my car sounds. Then again to each their own :beer:

Listen:
http://s146.photobucket.com/user/brazen06/media/five-0/6442B314-8285-4E05-95AC-C3EA4C6DDA14.mp4.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread