Headers worth it ??? Bolt on

kcsburk

Established Member
I just installed long tubes on my car....it was a noticeable improvement in power and sound. Totally worth it. Watch the for sale section for a used set.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
ALSo remember on warranty if theres an Issue hat PITA Header swap back to stock,there has been many with equal #s with OR pipesand catt deletes

Different dynos, different days, not comparable. Line those cars up with equal drivers and the one with LT's will win. Every time.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
I just installed long tubes on my car....it was a noticeable improvement in power and sound. Totally worth it. Watch the for sale section for a used set.

Did you already have no cats? Because yes there will be an increase in power because you are losing the cats. The cats are the restriction on an na car, not the manifolds. Unless you have boost or will go to boost you are better saving all that cash and getting the cat deletes or a nice off road midpipe.

OneSlowV

Established Member
I did the cat deletes on my 5.0 woke the car up. I was thinking about doing longtubes to but i might just save for a blower instead. I can on my ls2 CTS-V longtubes really woke the car up big time.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I disagree. I can do headers in maybe 3 hours on jack stands. Not too bad.

Even at that pace, three hours on your back breaking knuckles is no fun, especially if it needs to be done for a small warranty issue!!! A real PITA. Besides, three hours for me is a lot of time to lose from doing other things!!!

Xial

Established Member
LTS will be a good adder for HP and TQ do to the fact with supporting mods for them will add power and breath better then the stockers, worth every penny if you have it to spare :)

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
in the end LONGTUBES will make every other performance upgrade that much better.were the midpipe is only good for the setup u are using now.

Dan12GT

Established Member
From seeing experience with others I know who have headers its not a huge HP leap if you already have an O/R pipe. You should however pick up some more power throughout the powerband. Peak HP number isn't always the number 1 thing to look at.

brianjh20

Established Member
What octane and how much power u making r now

It was 660rwhp but since then the tune has been changed many times and we added 1-2 degrees of timing. I usually just use 93 octane and add torco at the track.
I ran a best of 10.87 @ 128mph with the 3.73 I had to shift into 5th just before the finish. With lower gears should be 10.5-10.8

Stevem17500

Established Member
It was 660rwhp but since then the tune has been changed many times and we added 1-2 degrees of timing. I usually just use 93 octane and add torco at the track.
I ran a best of 10.87 @ 128mph with the 3.73 I had to shift into 5th just before the finish. With lower gears should be .

I would just raise the boost turn it up to 11 psi make sure to either switch to corn...or make sure use torco...way cheaper and il Def make more power...ur at a good power level.....headers will drop boost so ul have to turn up anyway. ...pm me if u have quetions....i say same money buy a fuel system...then really turn her up

Last edited:

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
best of 10.87 @ 128mph with the 3.73 I had to shift into 5th just before the finish. With lower gears should be .

I would just raise the boost turn it up to 11 psi make sure to either switch to corn...or make sure use torco...way cheaper and il Def make more power...ur at a good power level.....headers will drop boost so ul have to turn up anyway. ...pm me if u have quetions....i say same money buy a fuel system...then really turn her up

Misleading. Headers may drop boost, but you'll make more power. You're not chasing boost numbers. Who cares if you lose a psi or 2 as long as you are making the power. You drop boost because your engine becomes more efficient as an air pump.

D98GT

Established Member
I'm curious what i'll pick up by going to long tubes with my blower setup as well; Sadly I don't even have updated dyno numbers ha

Alberta5.0

Established Member
I added headers and off road h-pipe after running my blower for a year. The car sounds much better and made a noticeable improvement in power.

Users who are viewing this thread