Votes: 31 7.2%
  • Ford Racing

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • Mac Longtube

Votes: 31 7.2%

• Total voters

The Good

Established Member
I am interested in longtube headers and so far really like the BBK longtube. How do affect the sound of Mac prochamber to borla stinger set up. Any comments appreciated.

Big D's 03

Established Member
I'll have to agree with the "arrest me" loud. I have bassani midlengths hooked to bassani x-pipe and borla stingers. With cats i can be heard at minimum a mile away, when on the gas. Without cats is very high decible headache loud all around. Sounds like a nascar car. :rockon:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Headers don't really make the car all that much louder...they really just give the car a deeper tone. My car was loud before I put the headers on and I thought it was going to wake the dead once I did the swap. It didn't really get louder just made the exhaust sound much more muscular and deep sounding. But

2003 Silver

Banned
I just got JBA shorties installed and love them...smoothed out the exhaust really nice....not one ounce louder. Plus (may be coincidence) I no longer have a vibration in my dash that I always attributed to my aftermarket c/b and midpipe.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Sorry I had to get back to work rather quickly yesterday before I could finish.....I was saying it didn't really make the exhaust louder, just basically more deep and muscular sounding. Kinda gave the exhaust more "bass" I guess. It also smoothed the tone out a lot and mellowed out the raspiness of an o/r midpipe and chambered muffler. I really loved the sound!!!

Nick Filippides

Not that my opinion isn't biased (of course it is) but the question states what headers are the best?.... not what headers do you have? I really do believe nothing comes close to the quality of Kook's. Add to that the fact that we have additional header sizes to accomodate a wider spectrum of applications. Any serious performance enthusiast can tell you one size doesn't fit all when it comes to headers. This is why we sell almost as many 1-3/4 headers for Cobras as we do 1-5/8. These days you guys are really making some insane power with your rides. Nick "Kook's Headers"

Last edited by a moderator:

2003 Silver

Banned
nick@kook's said:
Not that my opinion isn't biased (of course it is) but the question states what headers are the best?.... not what headers do you have? I really do believe nothing comes close to the quality of Kook's. Add to that the fact that we have additional header sizes to accomodate a wider spectrum of applications. Any serious performance enthusiast can tell you one size doesn't fit all when it comes to headers. This is why we sell almost as many 1-3/4 headers for Cobras as we do 1-5/8. These days you guys are really making some insane power with your rides. Nick "Kook's Headers"

Read the last three words of the original post.......... :poke:

03 Zinc Rocket

Established Member
BBK longtubes are very nice sounding headers and definately make power. However, they are hard and time consuming to put on. The bassani mid-lengths almost equal the power and sound that a longtube header makes, but alot easier to put on. I've always used the BBK longtubes, but made the switch to Bassani's on my newest car. I hope this helps

JSHTROD

Established Member
03 Zinc Rocket said:
BBK longtubes are very nice sounding headers and definately make power. However, they are hard and time consuming to put on. The bassani mid-lengths almost equal the power and sound that a longtube header makes, but alot easier to put on. I've always used the BBK longtubes, but made the switch to Bassani's on my newest car. I hope this helps

Since you've had both headers, Bassani's and BBK's, which do you like better? Why?

:read:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
nick@kook's said:

Ok, I attempted to PM ya on this and you have PM disabled. I guess I'll have to ask ya here. I've heard about Kook's LT's not sealing up properly in the collectors and leaking. Any truth to this? If so, any cure for this? Thx. The reason I'm asking is that I'm considering your headers as well.

Nick Filippides

Charlie, I was unaware that my PM was disabled. I apologize for that. At this point in time Kook's has sold quite a few sets of headers as well as complete systems for both the 4 valve and 2 Valve. From what we've learned over the years, these systems won't leak when installed properly. All the primaries are manufactured to bottom out in the collector and are held there with tabs, (1 set of tabs per tube). Some folks used a lite dab of sensor safe high temp silicon around each primary before sliding the collectors on.
Kook's is completely aware that leaks won't fly. A great deal of time was spent designing these headers. The individual tube design was used to simplify the install. Though some still drop the K-member to do the install, with our headers it isn't necessary. Nick "Kook's Headers"

sn8kbite

Established Member
I have used and installed the KooKs,Bassani,JBA,and Works headers.
By far the best headers for this car are the Works Stainless steel long tubes.
Without a doubt.

03 Zinc Rocket

Established Member
BBK vs Bassani

BBK and Bassani products are very nice. BBK's are just harder to put on then Bassani's. They both perform about the same, but Bassani's are more expensive. I'd rather pay a little more money then fight to get the BBK's on.

svtcobra2k1

Dead Crawlin...
Established Member
I agree I do have some clearance issues...the headers are about 5 inches from the ground. They are awsome and pretty easy to install...did it in my garage on jack stands without dropping the k member. Good luck with your choice!

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
I just installed the BBK Longtube headers, and I will agree, they are a pain to put on. The problem I'm running into now is my origional magnaflow x-pipe won't fit up to them. Is the BBK shorty x the way to go once I have the headers on?

Users who are viewing this thread