Tremor

NO MERCY

SHORTIES FTL
boxing_smiley.gif

Mids or LT's FTW

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
I don't have any headers on my car but from previous experiences, the JBA shorty would be the only choice IMO due to the design. The biggest gains will be from Mids or LT's. I had Kooks Lt's with 3.5" collectors on my last stang with an X pipe and some spintech's and it was incredible after some tuning.

mrmustangman357

Established Member
with longtubes, I have heard and seen ones that hang low and scrape. what brands are out there that are low cost but don't scrape. The pacesetter ones look like a good value. . . .

realitygt

Established Member
bbk's are really tucked up under, I have them on my car, and it doesn't hang lower than the k member brace. mine's a gt though.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
The SLP's that I'm running from NAZ sit well within the lower brace in the car. I'll find pictures later. I am really pleased with how they look and sound.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Kinda fishy that the guy doesn't even know what brand they are! If he could tell me the brand I would consider bidding on them as even FRPP shorty headers are $400+

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
I had a full bassani exhaust on my 01. I added ford racing stainless steel shortie headers and noticed a lot of improvement. I not sure why you would chrome the shorties being you really can't see them from up top. They are a PITA to install. GL

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I had a full bassani exhaust on my 01. I added ford racing stainless steel shortie headers and noticed a lot of improvement. I not sure why you would chrome the shorties being you really can't see them from up top. They are a PITA to install. GL

The Ford shorties are dyno proven for 5rwhp.

PCPRO

Big Daddy
Established Member
I have 1 3/4" American Racing long tubes. The ground clearance is excellent, and they are made so that pulling the transmission is not a problem. They are expensive though!!

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Don't mean to steal the thread but I have a BBK X-pipe with Magnapacks. If I throw on some longtubes will there be a noticeable increase in hp as well as sound?

Solo500

Established Member
32Valve you should get some noticeable seat in the pants torque as well as a deeper; more crisp exhaust note.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I have JBA equal shorties on my 99, as a leftover from the blower setup where shorty vs longtube is not as important.

However, if I were to buy a set today, they would be longtubes. And definitely not that set off of eBay you have listed.

Users who are viewing this thread