Header install prob/questions

BonannoDA

Established Member
2001 Cobra, BBK long tube, Got factory stuff off easy. followed directions and got pass side on. I thought that since I had to remove the starter and jack up the motor that side would be the hardest. On the driver side I can start #1, #2 and #4 on top and #4 on bottom. I cant for the life of me figure out what to do. I tried raising the motor on the Dr. side also. I just cant see how it can be done without lowering the whole front K-member. Suggestions, questions, comments welcome. Worst case is the guy who did my gears will do it but he's going to drop the front suspension to do it. But that $$. :mj: :cuss: :fm:

Mach0ne351

Established Member
yup. you need to drop the entire kmember......6 bolts and it's off, well after you remove the brakes and steering assembly..

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
yup. you need to drop the entire kmember......6 bolts and it's off, well after you remove the brakes and steering assembly..
Don't forget the ground strap.
Also, lock the steering wheel so you don't accidentally break the clockspring.

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
It can be done without dropping the K if you aren't comfortable doing that. A friend did it by himself one weekend. He said it was a b*tch but he did it none-the-less.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
lasercobra said:
It can be done without dropping the K if you aren't comfortable doing that. A friend did it by himself one weekend. He said it was a b*tch but he did it none-the-less.

Yeah, I have done it. Just jack the shit up out of the motor on that side. It will be hitting the firewall pretty good but you will be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread