Headed to JBLM SeaTac area. How do you guys like it?

jbes3

Established Member
So I have orders to JBLM (McChord side) and am heading up in about a month. I will be leaving the family behind in Georgia til summer. This is our second PCS (first was from Minot ND to Robins AFB, GA), so I have experienced differences/culture shock of the different areas.

What is the car scene like (car shows, tracks)? I know it is going to be WAYYYY different than it is down here in GA, but I am up for the experience.

What do you guys do for fun other than car stuff?

Excited for the move and looking forward to the area.

CXM

Established Member
here at JBLM. You are right on it not being like the south. There is a group of general car/truck guys around. Try to get out when it's nice.

2 tracks. Pacific and Bremerton. Those are the two closest.

jbes3

Established Member
Actually made it to the gym today on McChord and parked next to another DIB 13-14 GT. And I've seen some around here.

For some reason, people like to rev at my car when it is sitting in the parking lot. I don't know what that does, is it like saying, "Hi"?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Hit up different shows. A lot of the guys that have some serious cars don't bring them out a lot unless it's a show. Every summer there's the Mustang Roundup at Bellevue College and the times I went years ago had a solid showing. The other places I know of that had car gatherings was the Tacoma mall on the I5 side and the South Hill mall where Krispy Kreme is/was. I haven't been out there in a while so things may have changed but there was usually a good showing.

Users who are viewing this thread