Head issue

tangelo40thmach

Established Member
I have a 04 mach 1 and i tore my motor apart a couple months ago due to a bad back fire it had going on and fine metal shavings in the pan. I did a lot of work to my car, cleaned up the engine bay, painted the whole car and I was not happy with having to pull the motor back out. I didnt find anything wrong with my motor besides where the cams sit on the heads, it has little gouges in almost every "bearing"... what could have caused this and will this be a issue when putting my motor back together? i noticed mmr hones out ur heads for 700 and u gotta buy comp gurdles for 500 so please let me know

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I have a 04 mach 1 and i tore my motor apart a couple months ago due to a bad back fire it had going on and fine metal shavings in the pan. I did a lot of work to my car, cleaned up the engine bay, painted the whole car and I was not happy with having to pull the motor back out. I didnt find anything wrong with my motor besides where the cams sit on the heads, it has little gouges in almost every "bearing"... what could have caused this and will this be a issue when putting my motor back together? i noticed mmr hones out ur heads for 700 and u gotta buy comp gurdles for 500 so please let me know

Damage was probably from the metal in the oil pan flowing though the motor. I wouldnt put the motor back together with the head like it is but thats me.

tangelo40thmach

Established Member
ya i think so, has anyone delt with MMR? r they good company to go through? i live in NY and i dont wanna send my motor across the country if it wont be worth it

Users who are viewing this thread