Head gaskets common problem ???

gixxer1

Established Member
I'm searching around at terminators and it seems a bit common that they have head gasket issues. Found at least 3 eating coolant and puffing smoke.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I wouldn't exactly say its a "common" issue with these cars, but in any forced induction, or even n/a running decent compression it can occur. Then there is always situations where people run low on coolant, or something like that and it can happen to ANY vehicle. Since about 2005, or so when I first started researching these cars, I have only read of maybe a dozen cases of this happening, and for as hard as these cars are raced, boosted, etc. I think that's pretty damned impressive.

Edit: I should probably also mention that most overheating issues on these cars is caused by improper burping when blowers are changed, or other cooling related stuff is done because these engines tend to hold air pockets which can be difficult to get out if they aren't serviced properly.

Last edited:

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
Not an issue on these cars.

Yes, I blew one, but I leaned it out and burnt it across to the coolant passage. My fault and I had to have a head repaired. My wife will never put gas in it again...

Keep your AFR right, you won't have a head gasket problem.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Not an issue on these cars.

Yes, I blew one, but I leaned it out and burnt it across to the coolant passage. My fault and I had to have a head repaired. My wife will never put gas in it again...

Are you implying because they will never find the body?:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread