• No

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • You crazy

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rexisme

Established Member
Simple.... select your option on the poll and please post your power level and how long you have had it and any problems that you have had if any w/ the mod.....

Jroc

Established Member
No, I do not have a head cooling mod. I have a early model Cobra with no head tick.

My car somehow put down 483 SAE HP or 490 whp and 502 lb-ft STD.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
early model cobra.....#118. No tick, no head cooling mod. I want to get one, just don't have the money right now. I have 59k on my car, so I'm not too worried about it now.

BWH2003

Established Member
700 +hp and no head cooling mod. Had it over 700 hp for one year and one month still going strong!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's cheap insurance to help guard against the tick issue, even though only a very small number of cars have developed it. Thing is, without the latest heads it is always going to be a possibility. Hence the cooling mod options.

Silverboost

Established Member
No, I do not have a head cooling mod. I have a early model Cobra with no head tick.

My car somehow put down 483 SAE HP or 490 whp and 502 lb-ft STD.

you made this power with a 2.93 upper and the mods in your sig? that would be the highest non ported 2.93 to date. Impressive. Get that thing to the track and lets she what she runs!

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I did mine on when I swapped blowers.

I doubt that anyone would see any results from the mod but rather you can feel more confident that it should help prevent any issues in the infamous back cylinder(s).

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
My vert got an Even Flow cooling mod when I put the ported blower on. That car made just about 500 RWHP and I had the kit on it probably just over a year. I had no problems at all.
My Coupe will be getting a Whipple very soon and when it does, it's getting the Invictus head cooling mod which is relatively close to the Even Flow set up, but uses all billet fittings and braided lines.

jrandy

Established Member
my car is my DD with 37xxx miles on it, stock pulley and tune, no HCM. I am going to a 2.90 pulley and dyno tune w/o one. When i replace my clutch, one is going in for sure, but not before then. My car doesn't see much racing or 100+ pulls

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Just food for thought. I took my car out for a cruise today, some highway, but mostly stop and go. My car is mostly stock, stock pulleys, tune etc. I don't have the HCM installed yet as I'm waiting until I get around to putting the Whipple on.
Anyway, I don't beat on my car and today was no different. Just cruising, barely ever into boost and never went WOT the entire time I was driving. The A/C was off since it was only about mid 80's outside and the IAT2 temps stayed right around 120-130* for almost the entire cruise.
However, the engine coolant temps went as high as 215* and stayed steady at 200* for most of the cruise. On the highway it would drop down a tad and and stay steady in the 190's.
Think about it this way, if the engine coolant at the ECU's probe is in the 210 range, the engine coolant at the 7-8 cylinder has to be well above that. Without the some sort of HCM, the coolant in that area is barely moving and does not get circulated out very quickly or efficiently. So just for arguments sake, lets say that the average temp around the #7-8 cylinder is approximately 220* during the above mentioned type driving.
Throw a WOT three gear jaunt into that and what do you think is going to happen? Add a few extra pounds of boost over stock and you simply increase that heat.
I don't know about you, but for me its a no brainer. It's cheap, easy to install insurance.

rexisme

Established Member
Where is the best place to get a head cooling mod?

Please use the search function. I do not want this thread to turn into a debate on which cooling mod is better and why, I want to keep it simple and to the point. Just like the poll and the directions.

Users who are viewing this thread