Hdr Pics????????

98cobradan

Established Member
How is this done?? ive seen every one do these and was just wondering how to do it, is it dont with a digital camera or a 8mm, photoshop, ive got a high tech $600 8mm camera. any input would be great

bigj

Established Member
search yahoo for it. its something to do with taking 3 pictures from the same location with the camera on 3 different settings i think. lol i just do fake ones in photoshop and they arent bad at all.

O4COBRA

Established Member
Start with these 4 shots. Usually atleast 3, but you can use more.

tonemappedcobra2.jpg

tonemappedcobra3.jpg

tonemappedcobra4.jpg

tonemappedcobra5.jpg

It will come up with this image. This is the start of the HDR image as seen in Photomatix.

tonemappedcobra6.jpg

After that you click on tonemapping and get an image similiar to this.

tonemappedcobra7.jpg

Then after some adjusting in Photomatix, and then very little work in Photoshop CS2 you get this.

scottgt.jpg

O4COBRA

Established Member
^ Haha. Don't really have any special tricks or technique. All I know is getting to the point, and have fun trying new things. I'm sure there will be some pros that have some better tips. But atleast this is a quick and simple post to help understand the basics!! :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man 04Cobra, you make that look so easy. That "after" pic is astounding! :bowdown:

O4COBRA

Established Member
Man 04Cobra, you make that look so easy. That "after" pic is astounding! :bowdown:

Thanks Bob. It really is that easy, atleast how I do it. I know it may not be the "correct" way to do and HDR pic. So I just have fun with it.

Hell Yeah looks GREAT muwahaha

Nice to hear that from you. Always enjoy your pics as well...

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Thanks Bob. It really is that easy, atleast how I do it. I know it may not be the "correct" way to do and HDR pic. So I just have fun with it.

Nice to hear that from you. Always enjoy your pics as well...

very nice, actually the way you did it is the correct way to do it. Many people seem to not differentiate between HDR and tone mapping, they are not the same but do go hand in hand.

here is a guide, if anyone wants more info just google "hdr tutorial" and/or "tone mapping tutorial"
http://www.vanilladays.com/hdr-guide/

maybe the mods could make a sticky out of this since the subject comes up very often

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
if you have photoshop you don't need 3 exposures .. you can change the exposures under Image>Adjustements>Exposure.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
if you have photoshop you don't need 3 exposures .. you can change the exposures under Image>Adjustements>Exposure.
except it's not the same, the information was not captured by the camera and by lightening or darkening the picture you do not get it back.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
This HDR was made with a single picture in RAW format. The HDR/tone mapping was done with photomatix. Shot with A Rebel Xti w/kit lens.

2325080769_30c9a7d7b7.jpg

This one was almost black when I pulled it off the camera. It is also a one shot HDR in RAW format using Photoshop Elements 6 and Photomatix

2325204801_2a34a3e238.jpg

Last edited:

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
This HDR was made with a single picture in RAW format. The HDR/tone mapping was done with photomatix. Shot with A Rebel Xti w/kit lens.

2325080769_30c9a7d7b7.jpg

your clouds are blown out in the shot, in result you got the tone mapped look and the picture itself is very nice but there still isn't enough of a range to capture cloud detail.

Users who are viewing this thread