HDMI, S video, reg cable???

GodStang

Established Member
With digital however, (i.e. the signal sent over an HDMI cable), the information is encoded differently... At it's lowest level, it's nothing but a string of bits... In other words, each signal is either ON or OFF... It doesn't care if a particular timeslice is 4.323 volts or 4.927 volts... It's just ON... The pass more current and bandwidth issue doesn't come into play.

That answer is, "No, an expensive HDMI cable will make NO difference in the quality of your picture OR sound"

Those expensive Monster HDMI cables are not worth the money. Monoprice.com should be the new standard for our highdef members.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
i love people who wont pay for nice cables....they crack me up....same people who probably put $50 tires on their SVT rides

Let's not do this again shall we? You didn't even respond last time that BS was debunked by your own links.

ok so I go to the site (monoprice) and they have tons of hdmi cables. 24awg, 26, awg, 28awg, and I have no idea what any of that means?

oh and my tv has 4 hdmi inputs.

Just get a 1.3a cable in whatever length you need. Here is a recent one I purchased for my PS3.

For only $2.67 each when QTY 50+ purchased - High Speed HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified Cable 28AWG - 6ft w/Ferrite Cores (Gold Plated Connectors) - BLACK | 28AWG HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified Male to Male Cables

2k1cobra

Established Member
Am i reading this right a 6ft HDMI cable for $3.56? If its right then i feel like an idiot for paying $40+ for my 6FT Belkin HDMI.:bash::kaboom:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Am i reading this right a 6ft HDMI cable for $3.56? If its right then i feel like an idiot for paying $40+ for my 6FT Belkin HDMI.:bash::kaboom:

The markup on cables at stores like Best Buy is ridiculous. Don't shell out the money for their marketing gimmicks when the monoprice cables work just as well.

dom418

Established Member
you mean paying $50 for a 3 foot monster cable isn't going to get me better picture quality...dammit! J/K

:pop:

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
went ahead and got a 3 ft cord (tv will set on top of cable box on entertainment stand) gold plated, 1.3a off the site. think after shipping I paid around 6 bucks. thanks all.:beer: sure I will have more questions when I finally get the tv here.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
i love people who wont pay for nice cables....they crack me up....same people who probably put $50 tires on their SVT rides

Tell us Mr. Best Buy, why should we pay an inflated price?

it has nothing to do with best buy....signal quality. electricity has always done better with different wire guages and wire shieldings.

But you do work at Best Buy, right?

Dumbasses who pay for just the name always crack me up.

Not this stupid shit again.....

With digital however, ...

That answer is, "No, an expensive HDMI cable will make NO difference in the quality of your picture OR sound"

Those expensive Monster HDMI cables are not worth the money. Monoprice.com should be the new standard for our highdef members.

Let's not do this again shall we? You didn't even respond last time that BS was debunked by your own links.

It's how Best Buy sends their elite staff to school to learn the in and outs of electrical engineering :lol1:

Hahahahahahaha............. Well done guys.

High end cable may come into play if you are running 20-50' or more, for 99.99999999999% of people out there cheaper cables work as well as expensive ones.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Hahahahahahaha............. Well done guys.

High end cable may come into play if you are running 20-50' or more, for 99.99999999999% of people out there cheaper cables work as well as expensive ones.

Some people are still thinking in the analog age where the quality really mattered.

Users who are viewing this thread