HDMI, S video, reg cable???

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
ok I will be getting my new flat screen hdtv this week so I went ahead and upgraded my cable box to a hd box. well on the back it has the normal cable output, then it has s video, then hdmi cable. being I still live in the stonage I have no clue what the difference is in these cables. which one is better?

for reference I will be getting a 1080 50 in plasma. also plan on getting a ps3 latter down the road. what cable do I want and where is a good place to buy?:shrug:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Yup, you're going to want to use a RF Modulator for the best possible quality.

:lol1:

GodStang

Established Member
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-meter-foot-cable-1080P/dp/B00123WZWK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1256799861&sr=8-1&tag=dealswoot-20]Amazon.com: HDMI (2 meter) 6 foot cable HQ 1080P 1.3b: Electronics[/ame]

here they are for $.05 for a 2 meter one.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
HDMI. Also, if your TV only has one HDMI input, you can buy an HDMI-DV cable and your PS3 will still be in 1080. Thats what i have to use

nicktoney

weeee
Established Member
i got the $.05 one on ebay, it wasnt shielded.. get a shielded one... still 5 bucks on monoprice.com i noticed when i had another device on (dvd) , while watching tv, id get some fuzzy interference... switched to shielded and fixed!

ff500

Established Member
If you're gonna have hd tv, hd cable and ps3 then you definately need an hdmi cable. If you only have 1 hdmi input on the tv you can get an hdmi switch box or you can get yourself a nice av reciever like this one I picked up over the weekend. It has 5 hdmi inputs and 2 hdmi outputs along with speaker zoning and ipod capabilities.

iphone284.jpg

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
If you're gonna have hd tv, hd cable and ps3 then you definately need an hdmi cable. If you only have 1 hdmi input on the tv you can get an hdmi switch box or you can get yourself a nice av reciever like this one I picked up over the weekend. It has 5 hdmi inputs and 2 hdmi outputs along with speaker zoning and ipod capabilities.

iphone284.jpg

Showoff!

Another note about the HDMI. I mounted my TV to the wall, the bracketry I have for mine makes allowances to run the cable inside the arms and through the joints of the bracket. A 6' cable is a little short for that, go with an 8-9'.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
ok so I go to the site (monoprice) and they have tons of hdmi cables. 24awg, 26, awg, 28awg, and I have no idea what any of that means?

oh and my tv has 4 hdmi inputs.

Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
i love people who wont pay for nice cables....they crack me up....same people who probably put $50 tires on their SVT rides

Users who are viewing this thread