HD #09333 DROPPING HER THIS WEEKEND Lowering F150 2" front / 4" rear

03F150HD

Established Member
Starting install of BellTech 921SP lowering kit tomorrow night on my 2003 F150 Harley Davidson. I couldn't find a good Thread so I will be posting pics and knowledge gained.

34zj5z9.jpg

30a5kie.jpg

2ahuwev.jpg

4j2nfb.jpg

4j2nfb.jpg

Last edited:

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
Planning to remove the bed? If not, I highly recommend it as the hangers will be a pain in the ass.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Free Willy! :D

interested to hear how the ride is. ive been kicking around doing this as long as ive had my HD. just want to ruin the ride.

94slowbra1

Established Member
my only concern in regards to ride would be those belltech shocks. like i said before, pick up some lightning spec bilsteins and some shock extenders for the rear

03F150HD

Established Member
I started with Rear. As said, the worst. Best method I found was cutting off rivet heads with air chisel. Get between frame and hanger with chisel at easy to get to rivets. Once you get one to pop the others get easier. Cut the remaining rivet off with chisel. Then change to round tip and hit remaining rivet until pops thru. Two toward front of truck with have one layer of frame and go pretty easy. The two toward the rear will have 2 layers of frame and take 3-4 times effort.

Then just clean up & install new bracket. (Note: bolt holes will not line up but are Grade 8. Just get all started even at angles and tighten up)

oa19vb.jpg

2dka6uu.jpg

10ckig7.jpg

igfbkj.jpg

Leaf springs are a lot easier. I used original U-bolts. Still plenty of threads left after shim installed. Also didn't see a reason to cut center bolt.

2lml3yc.jpg

2mqw180.jpg

6yflnd.jpg

dx1kao.jpg

30vknsw.jpg

2945l36.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread