Having to part with my 93

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
You could always get a quality car cover and keep it outside. Keeps any pollutants from etching the paint, and keeps the interior from cooking...

Lee

Established Member
I'd thought about the cover route, but I have a gravel driveway and have found that a lot of moisture comes up from the ground, under the car, and starts a lot of surface rust on my cars that sit out.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Surface rust on painted surfaces, or under the hood? If painted surfaces, then your cover wasn't breathable enough. In other words, a good outdoor car cover lets water/moisture PASS THROUGH, keeping contaminants off the car.

Regardless, has it sold?

Lee

Established Member
I'm talking about surface rust on metal, underhood, items. I'm just waiting on a "funds transfer" to complete, and then it's "sold". :cryying:

It's funny, I'm already scheeming on how I might pick up another a few years down the road... :thumbsup: So you all keep really good care of your rides!

Lee

Established Member
I'm very sorry to say it's sold. :cryying: I need to change my signature now. So that you have an idea what these things are bringing, I got my asking price of $12,900. Guess I should have asked for more!

My heart is still with this group. Keep your 93's in excellent, mostly stock, shape and I'll be very interested when the kid gets out of college in a few years. :thumbsup:

By the way, I received about 4 calls per day on this car, and nearly everyone wanted a "stock", or "mostly stock", car and were going to pay more for it. No one was dissappointed that I didn't have a particular "mod" on it. Folks were passing up "modded" cars that would cost less. But, this is only an issue if you want to sell it, otherwise have fun with your 93s!! And, to tell the truth, if I'd decided to sell the Vert, and kept the 93, I would have gone full exhaust and a Vortec later this year. :pepper:

PJM99

Established Member
Lee said:
I'm very sorry to say it's sold. :cryying: I need to change my signature now. So that you have an idea what these things are bringing, I got my asking price of $12,900. Guess I should have asked for more!

My heart is still with this group. Keep your 93's in excellent, mostly stock, shape and I'll be very interested when the kid gets out of college in a few years. :thumbsup:

By the way, I received about 4 calls per day on this car, and nearly everyone wanted a "stock", or "mostly stock", car and were going to pay more for it. No one was dissappointed that I didn't have a particular "mod" on it. Folks were passing up "modded" cars that would cost less. But, this is only an issue if you want to sell it, otherwise have fun with your 93s!! And, to tell the truth, if I'd decided to sell the Vert, and kept the 93, I would have gone full exhaust and a Vortec later this year. :pepper:

Well sorry to hear that. :poke:

Nah, good luck and I hope all goes well for you.

Mine is all stock just like yours, except I dont have the strut braces or frame connectors. Were people turned off at all by that? I pretty much want to have the same setup you had but I was scared of doing even those simple mods and hurting resale. Oh, and did you sell it with the chip too?

Last edited:

Lee

Established Member
The subframe connectors were "neutral" in the discussions, but I could see true purists not wanting these either. I did leave the chip on it because is really woke the car up. And by the way, the buyer has not seen the car in person and is having a truck pick it up for shipment to Miss. He had a relative of his look at it.

PJM99

Established Member
yeah, I don't think I could ever part with mine, but I'm only 23, no kids, no wife, etc. so who knows what the future holds. But I'd like to do as much as possible without hurting the resale of the car in case something unforseen happens. My only thing with the connectors and strut bar is that you have to drill and weld. But in the long run it will preserve the car longer which outweighs keeping it stock. I'll probably get the chip soon. I'm just waiting to save up a little money for it.

But, I'm glad to here the sale went smoothly for you. These cars are very sought after and the more original they are the better. And I'll probably get flamed for this, but the Teals IMO are the most sought after.

Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread