Having to part with my 93

Lee

Established Member
I wondered how long I could keep this quiet, but Richard noticed. I've had my Teal 93 for 5+ wonderful years, but now I need to part with it. If this were a perfect world I'd not be selling it, but demands for a new vehicle for the wife and college tuition for the kid, along with a car, make it necessary at this time. I have no other reasons for selling her. It's a great car that I've pampered and improved over the years. I've really been needing to sell it for some time, but I just couldn't do it, and even now I'm not wanting to face reality. I still have the 95 hard top convertible and if the 95 wasn't a convertible I'd be selling it and keeping the 93. I'm just hoping that several years down the road I can find another nice, clean, example to buy. With all this being said, here's the link:

http://www.performanceautosport.com/cfs/detail/050412b_cons.html

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Bah, I say toss the 95 vert... :D

Seriously, good luck with your sale, Lee. You might contact "speedfreak" on here - Brandon is in NC, and likes to see how many 93's he can put in his sig... :lol:

Speedfreek

Established Member
Man I was looking at your car yesterday on the site. Email me with what cash would buy it. I still haven't gotten me a Teal one.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
Bah, I say toss the 95 vert... :D

Seriously, good luck with your sale, Lee. You might contact "speedfreak" on here - Brandon is in NC, and likes to see how many 93's he can put in his sig... :lol:

I would get rid of the 95 vert too. The 93 is #1 in my heart :D

Lee

Established Member
My 1st Mustang was a red 88 GT convertible. My 2nd was a blue 88 GT convertible. I then bought the 93 Cobra. Loved it then, love it now. It's the best Fox body, period. But, I still love convertibles and that's what tips the scales toward selling the 93 over the 95.

Speedfreek: My price is pretty firm, but I could throw in a set of spare 93 wheels to sweeten the deal. I'd love to add to your collection, and maybe even buy it back a few years down the road.

PJM99

Established Member
I don't mean threadjack you, but I noticed you have the Race Systems ECU chip with basically the stock setup similar to mine. Was it worth getting it done to a virtually stock car? And your dyno numbers, is that before or after the slight mods?

Lee

Established Member
The Race Systems chip really seemed to wake up the car with better throttle response. I didn't dyno without the chip so I don't know that it added much, if any, hp. I dyno'd my 95 on the same day and it ran 221 hp without a chip, and a friends stock 95 Cobra ran 219 hp. I've been told this paticular dyno is a bit stingy, but consistent.

Last edited:

PJM99

Established Member
I don't think the chip adds any power. It is supposed to change the powerband a bit and make it run smoother.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes the chip should add some power, due to timing/fuel control at the peaks.But don't expect much, maybe 5-10hp. The biggest benefit to a chip is better drivability, part throttle accel, more mid-range. I've never done a chip on a relatively stock car, but my '91 and friend's '93 Cobra were much better around town and his still picked up peak hp/tq. Maybe he'll chime in with the exact numbers. -J

PJM99

Established Member
biminiLX said:
Yes the chip should add some power, due to timing/fuel control at the peaks.But don't expect much, maybe 5-10hp. The biggest benefit to a chip is better drivability, part throttle accel, more mid-range. I've never done a chip on a relatively stock car, but my '91 and friend's '93 Cobra were much better around town and his still picked up peak hp/tq. Maybe he'll chime in with the exact numbers. -J

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for, better drivability. I'm not too concearned about adding power but any additional power will be nice. :)

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
Lee said:
I wondered how long I could keep this quiet, but Richard noticed. I've had my Teal 93 for 5+ wonderful years, but now I need to part with it. If this were a perfect world I'd not be selling it, but demands for a new vehicle for the wife and college tuition for the kid, along with a car, make it necessary at this time. I have no other reasons for selling her. It's a great car that I've pampered and improved over the years. I've really been needing to sell it for some time, but I just couldn't do it, and even now I'm not wanting to face reality. I still have the 95 hard top convertible and if the 95 wasn't a convertible I'd be selling it and keeping the 93. I'm just hoping that several years down the road I can find another nice, clean, example to buy. With all this being said, here's the link:

http://www.performanceautosport.com/cfs/detail/050412b_cons.html

verts are a dime a dozen, keep the cobra. sounds like you are down.

Lee

Established Member
My Vert isn't a "dime a dozen" though. It's one of 499. :D

Don't know that I'm "down", as much as "resigned".

Last edited:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
Maybe we should all pitch in and donate to a "save Lee's Cobra" fund. I,ll pitch in 20.00 anybody else?

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
Lee, if I had the cash and the space. Forget the cash, if I had the space. I would be all over it. A bank would give me the cash. I already have an 88 GT and an 85 GT. A Cobra would just set the pair off. I check PAS all the time and saw that one. I love Teal Cobras. I'll get one someday. Teal on black interior.

Lee

Established Member
Goodson, you've got one of the problems that I have; "space". Along with all the issues I mentioned at the beginning of this thread, I forgot to mention that I need to make room in the garage for my wife's new Explorer. It's possible I could keep the 93 for a while longer, but it would have to be outside and the trees here would destroy it, just like they've destroyed the finish on my Expedition. The pollen, falling branches, leaves, sap, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread