Have you installed Brisk Plugs

nivek

Banned
Hey I just installed the Brisk plugs and curious on what your thoughts were on the performance. I personally have noticed a slight increase in power, but what I noticed more than anything is the deeper sound from the exhaust. Not for sure why but it sounds better with the Brisk plugs installed. I can say it was worth the $85.00 for the plugs. Has anyone else noticed the exhaust sounding better?

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
Maybe, my Stingers have been sounding a little better lately but I thought it was the chillier mornings we had.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I didn't notice my exhaust note changing, but I did notice the car runs smoother at idle and low speed driving. My stock plugs only had 8000 miles on them and looked brand new when I pulled them too. Either way, I'm happy so far. My car seems to be pretty fast for what I have done to it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Installing plugs shouldn't change your exhaust sound. I've been waiting for some more dyno reports from some of the new users to back up claims of increased power. They sound like they're worth their cost. I would definitely try them before investing in a a set of Denso plugs (also expensive).

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
I swear i was thinking the same thing my damn exhaust sounds deeper???? i thought i was dreaming.

rezcobra

Established Member
I'm running the Brisk plugs and I don't think its a different exhaust tone but the car just gets it on quicker and harder. I needed plugs so the performance wasn't top notch on my TR 6s so when I put the Brisk in....whoa!!!! The car woke up big time. This is the first time I've ever changed plugs in all my vehicles where you actually notice a difference in performance. Lets see how long they last!! Is it worth the money...hell yeah.

allmotorTA

Established Member
I put them in and honestly didn't notice any difference. I'm not complaining or anything, but I just can't tell any difference between these and the stock plugs.

bones

Established Member
First submitted this on another Brisk thread:

I've got to fall on the side of the doubters for now. At least from the standpoint that you don't get nuthin for nuthin. If your power increases, something else has to give. And it's probably an increase in A/F ratio. Under WOT the computer is in open loop mode. So a set amount of fuel is injected at each RPM level. There's no duty cycle adjustments to the injector pulses. If you don't change anything else (like timing) an increase in power has to come from more complete combustion of the fuel in the chamber. If you burn more fuel for a given charge, it translates to a more lean condition according to the articles I've read. That's exactly what some of the Brisk test web sites show. They point out not only more power but increased efficiency, increased MPG and increased specific fuel comsumption. Notice they never show you A/F curves on their dyno runs either.

As far as those pictures of the spark radiating out 360 deg from the center electrode, I think that's pure BS. An electrical arc travels along the path of least resistance. It's highly unlikely that, given manufacturing tolerances of the plugs and minute differences in the dielectric strength of the air/fuel mixture surrounding the electrode that more than one arc can develop at exactly the same instant. What you're seeing is probably a time lapse photograph of many discharges over a short time period.

I agree with CobraBob I'd like to see the dyno results including before and after A/F curves.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Modular Fords site has several dynos posted. The brisks range from 2 to 12 hp increases. One guy lost 1lb/ft torque but the other folks all had gains.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And speaking of A/F numbers, I wish that EVERY test of a mod included the A/F curve (before and after). I got burned early on when I posted I gained 38rwhp with my Apten ported blower. Opps. Quickly found out my A/F went lean by just about one full point -- from a nice, flat 11.5 to 12.5. When I adjusted my A/F I ended up losing half of that gain. And some of us remember the first Densecharger CAI that was included in a magazine test. It got the highest number of all of the CAIs tested. Only problem was it had also dramatically leaned out the A/F. The revised Densecharger didn't produce the same power. So A/F changes are really critical in the reporting of power gains if we want the whole picture.

fusion_ta66

Established Member
It's no wonder why these Brisk plugs are giving more power. According to James @ RWTD in this thread (end of page 2):

click me

The Brisk plugs everyone is using are "way too hot" of a plug to be using in a pullied Cobra. mjchip possibly lost his motor due to this error.

I'm not saying that James is either correct or incorrect, but the mere possibility of running too hot of plugs in my Cobra are enough of a deterrent at this point to run these plugs. Pre-ignition and detonation are a horrible thing.

Just a heads-up.

Joe

nivek

Banned
Just a couple of observations regarding the Brisk plugs.

Rely on the facts, the plugs are selling as fast as the distributors can sell them. To me this means if others see, feel or hear the same type of performance gains they are worth testing.

Do some research, Google "spark plugs" or "Brisk" to understand the spark plug technology. There is more to spark plugs technology than just the temp rating.

The combustible engine concept design is very simple, but controlling its performance variables can be a little complex. I would suggest if you are going to use aftermarket products to increase the HP you must be an educated user. You might want to research each aftermarket mod. There are many variables that factor into tweaking performance. In my opinion the further you push out the HP and TQ you better know what the hell you’re doing. Watch ESPN sometime and see how many engines get blown by what I consider professionals in their career tweaking peak performance.

Take a look at the latest Bosch spark plug design. It looks very similar to Brisk, it has 4 progs pointing to the electrode. I would say their is credit to be given to the Brisk technology.

The Brisk plugs everyone is using are "way too hot" of a plug to be using in a pullied Cobra. mjchip possibly lost his motor due to this error.

I'm not saying that James is either correct or incorrect, but the mere possibility of running too hot of plugs in my Cobra are enough of a deterrent at this point to run these plugs. Pre-ignition and detonation are a horrible thing.

Just a heads-up.

Joe

No disrepect to Joe or James at RWTD, but before I would make comments like this I would expect a little more facts to support this theory.

Many owners use the Diablo predator for custom tunes. Joe would you also say the same about the Diablo sports predator based on the comments from the manual? Let me quote what the manual states.

"Use of the diablo sport predator with aftermarket products is at owner’s risk"

"Please read through the manual before installing any tune into your vehicle- failure to follow proper instructions can results in a damaged or disabled ECU"

"Serious engine damage can occur if the predator tune is installed over a non-factory/aftermarket performance tune."

Diablo is very clear if you do not know WTF your doing or letting someone else not know WTF they are doing you will terminate your Terminator.

fusion_ta66

Established Member
Originally posted by nivek

No disrepect to Joe or James at RWTD, but before I would make comments like this I would expect a little more facts to support this theory.

Did you bother to read the thread I linked to? James posted tons of facts, even straight from Brisk themselves! Do you think he just pulled this statement out of his ass?

And I would just like to reiterate that I am not claiming anything myself, just merely repeating what I read on the other board so people can make their own judgements.

EDIT: I just re-read your post, you typed a few paragraphs but basically said nothing. You state that engine tuning is complex, you say that many have bought Brisks, and you compare bolting in some spark plugs to tuning your Air/Fuel ratio and engine timing. I'm pretty sure that no one would agree that

No one is discrediting the Brisk design, they are claiming that the plug that was recommended (and sold) to many Terminator owners *MAY* be too hot of a plug. You'd think it was a crime to try and give people a heads up on their $30k cars.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread