Have you held off purchasing a new '13-14 Mustang because of the S550?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Nope. bought a 13 anyways. I'll wait a few years for the refreshes.

I am really tempted to purchase a 2014 GT since I am able to get $8k off MSRP. I know with the 2015s the best price I will probably be able to get is X-Plan. The carbon ceramic brakes, heated and cooled seats, ect are very tempting for me to wait for the 2015.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I thought about it but then looked at Ford's recent track record with 'new' platforms. The most recent being the 2010. Cool new body with same old motor before upgrading to the coyote. I bet a lot of 2010 owners were pissed! Since you are able to get $8k off msrp you wont be taking too big of a hit if you decide to trade it on for a 2015+ model you like :thumbsup:

TTA89

Established Member
I really want a 2013/14 Shelby, but I'm holding off to see what happens with the new car. Unless there is some amazing new motor or features I'll go for a 13/14 but I want to see the new Mustang first.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I thought about it but then looked at Ford's recent track record with 'new' platforms. The most recent being the 2010. Cool new body with same old motor before upgrading to the coyote. I bet a lot of 2010 owners were pissed! Since you are able to get $8k off msrp you wont be taking too big of a hit if you decide to trade it on for a 2015+ model you like :thumbsup:

You are right..I probably wont take that much of a hit.:D I want to buy a new DD this December, and the Mustang is hard to resist. I would love to get another one.

reason4treason

Established Member
i'll probably get my build schedule for my '14 tomorrow from Deysha, but if i found out 100% reliable info that the MY15 Mustang had something awesome to offer that i got seriously stoked about, i'd just let somebody else take my '14 order. as it stands my '14 should be here early Dec at the latest i'd guess and i don't see Ford releasing enough details by that time for it to be a deciding factor.

sight unseen, i would not drop my '14 in hopes that '15 will be off-the-chain.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I really want a 2013/14 Shelby, but I'm holding off to see what happens with the new car. Unless there is some amazing new motor or features I'll go for a 13/14 but I want to see the new Mustang first.

same

4v_mach1

Established Member
Yes and No. Yes because It's new and I want a IRS mustang. No because it's first gen of the new model and they usually revise it a year later and fix all the issues.

Ratchet

Established Member
bought my '13 will give ford 2-3yrs to work the bugs out of the S550 then maybe pick one up.

This. If the new one is as good as it could be, nothing stopping me from trading the 13 in when they get t sorted out.:beer:

20redfire03

Established Member
Didn't stop me. I thought about waiting but I can always trade my current car in if its good enough for me to switch.

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
Yes. I love the '13/'14's but I feel like I missed the boat on them. Planning to grab one of the first seats in a '15!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
No. I would have bought a 2013-14 GT500 if I could have gotten it in a color I really wanted, but it wasn't meant to be.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Summer of last year, I made the plan to buy a '13 or '14 depending on how the '15 looked. Well, that too long to unveil. So I bought a '69 Mach1 instead. I didn't want to buy the '13/'14 and feel disappointed if the '15's were that much better. Can't go wrong with the classic!

4VFTW

Established Member
Summer of last year, I made the plan to buy a '13 or '14 depending on how the '15 looked. Well, that too long to unveil. So I bought a '69 Mach1 instead. I didn't want to buy the '13/'14 and feel disappointed if the '15's were that much better. Can't go wrong with the classic!

restomod '69 Mach with a Coyote > all

make it happen :poke:

Voltwings

Established Member
I stocked out my 500 whp car to trade it in on a '13/'14 5.0, but the more and more info that gets released the more I want to wait... I agree with everyone else that you never want to get the first model year because it needs the kinks worked out, but I believe this new platform will be starting way ahead of where the current 5.0 is. That being said, going back to stock (and half the hp I used to have) is killing me, and I don't know if I can wait for a refined S550 to come out before I need my mustang fix. Just gonna have to wait for the unveil I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread