Have you been wanting to add fans to your he?

Tripleduece

Established Member
I know we are all handy in different ways. I couldn’t justify spending 400+ bucks on fans and a bracket for my heat exchanger. Since I have a sheet of thin aluminum lying around I figured I would give it a shot. sooo I started looking at fans and found these.
Spal SPA-30100291 5.6 FAN / PULL 295 CFM

Thought someone else that’s frugal yet handy could use them too!

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
I just look at my HE tank . With 2 regular size computer fan can be mount in the back . But idk if it make any different since the fan ain’t blow harder like an engine fan .

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Make me even thinking building a custome HE tank . 1 regular size tank and put that into a bigger tank . Small tank are for coolant for the super charger . The big tank are some redline water wet to help cool the smaller tank . Then mount 2 fan out side the bigger tank

Man I don’t know , I’m just thinking crazy because been at work all day .

Tripleduece

Established Member
These are definitely not computer fans. Each on is just under 300 CFM.
I think the ones offered by the big names are 325 cfm. Pretty darn close

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Make me even thinking building a custome HE tank . 1 regular size tank and put that into a bigger tank . Small tank are for coolant for the super charger . The big tank are some redline water wet to help cool the smaller tank . Then mount 2 fan out side the bigger tank

Man I don’t know , I’m just thinking crazy because been at work all day .
What?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
In Russia?

In mother Russia computer fans blows you.

As long as we're talking crazy I always thought running a metal coil though a dry ice / box would be cool. I remember talking about it way back when. Guess you need a fluid to conduct the heat transfer blah blah, the fluid plus sublimating solids...

Anyway, has there been any data that even the off the self expensive setups move the needle at all on our HE? I'd believe it if you switch to a GT500 setup like Malcolm I think did it. Bigger fans bigger HE. Otherwise I just don't see the flow being enough.

Guess for the price why not stick them on the HE outside the bumper opening. Couldn't really hurt anything. Think boxing in the HE is where it's at.

Users who are viewing this thread