Have you been out in the snow?

blk03toy

Established Member
Seven inches of snow today and just had to try it, I know, but I had to see for myself. It would have been easier to push the Cobra where I was trying to go. But I had to try it. How about anyone else, have you tried the ice and snow yet?

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
Seriously, it sucks... why try it? handles like a innertube down a steep hill.. you just have to lean in the direction you wanna go and hope you dont hit anything

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
NOT ME ........ :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We had about six inches of snow here, too. My Cobra doesn't like to touch snow for some reason. She is, though, willing to go out for a stroll when the road are more decent. What she wants, she gets. :):shrug: ;-)

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
been there, done that..

I've driven enough high-powered RWD vehicles in the slop to know that the only place I want to do that is off-road! (not in the Cobra, of course)

I don't wanna be the one out in traffic who can't get out of the way of anything if need be, can't negotiate a turn at more than 1 mph, slowly crawls across an intersection while the light turns red for everyone else behind it......

nope, that's not me :coolman:

cobrabruce

Established Member
If you wanna go in the snow then you need to get a good set of snow tires and put about 100 pounds of iron in the trunk. Gets me where I want to go. Not that I want to take my '03 in the snow. Bad run of luck lately and you gotta do what you gotta do.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
yeah, I know what you mean Bruce and I've been in the same situation myself before...didn't mean to sound like an azz....if you have to do it, you have to do it, that's Life :shrug: :beer:

plus the fact that I relate things to frustration with my densely populated suburban area..traffic needs to MOVE!

of course it doesn't help that half of them can't drive when its dry, let alone wet :cuss:

Last edited:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I've been stuck driving a few times in the snow this winter. The Cobra makes my old Lightning feel like a 4x4.

DOHC03

Established Member
People honked at me because it took 5 mins to move from a stop when the light turned green. Took me 4 tries to get out of my work parking lot because it has an incline.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
I've been stuck driving a few times in the snow this winter. The Cobra makes my old Lightning feel like a 4x4.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

plus you can put a helluva lot more weight in the rear of an L

krman68

Established Member
I got stuck driving in very light snow on Thursday nite. I kept noticing that the rearend of the car wanted to go first... You have to really feather the pedal to get it to grab. I found its alot easier to walk by the cobra on your way to another car for snow driving.

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
We got a good amount of snow the other day, I was out shoveling the driveway........ at like 1am .... don't ask I was wide awake ... lol anyways I decided just for the hell of it to take the cobra out. It was still snowing.

I just about got stuck 5 times and it took me 30 minutes just about.............. and all I did was go around the corner to the 7-11 that is less then a 1\4 mile away.

Once I got back to my street it was so bad, probably another inch on the ground by now I couldn't get her down the street in a straight line... and it sucked cause of parked cars on the sides.
I had to run 2 houses up, grab my shovel, and I made 2 little paths throught the snow back to my driveway :) Then I drove her right back into the garage. I've decided not to take her out in the snow anymore. I should have known anyways, back before when my trac-controll worked the snow wasn't that bad. But now it's almost impossible to drive. I've gotten my previous stangs (95gt & 92 notch) stuck in the snow a few times. It sucks!

Good thing I have my F-150 :) I love bashing thru all the snow drifts and piles, and I can park on the sides of streets were the plow makes it immpossible for cars :) Went to a party last night, and in front of my friends house was all the left over snow from the street, like over a foot high and a car width wide stopping anyone from parking there. It's cool to have a truck for those times...... pull up right over top of all the mess and park on it :)

cobrabruce

Established Member
JB-I didn't take you to sound like an azz and did not mean to imply that you did.
Everyone else-I got stuck in my driveway with the stock tires too. Good snow tires and some weight in the trunk really makes a world of difference if you must drive these cars in the snow. Experiance helps too. I've been driving in the snow for 20 years.

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
I was talking to Doug@Billetflow yesterday...He was commenting on how unbelievable it was that we don't have any snow up here in Anchorage....in fact it is 45 and raining right now.

StangD281

Established Member
Couldn't get it out of the driveway....

attachment.php

f4sfed

Established Member
Having Michelin Pilot Sport A/S in back, using traction control, keeping the tank at least 3/4 full and starting off in second (sometimes third), she handled surprisingly well!

Users who are viewing this thread