Have to sell car need advice.

FINICKY

Established Member
Hey guys been here a long time but looks like I gotta sell the beast. I was wondering where the besdt place to advertise is and how much to ask.

Its a 2003 torch red with chrome wheels . Mint seen rain 3 times only has 7000 on it. sits in the garage with a cover on it lol.
Its got 522 to the wheels with a steggy blower and t body with nice bolt one.. Pillar gauges eletric water pump etc.

Its gonna kill me to sell such a perfect car but i need the money and I hardly use cause I like to keep it perfect.... Oh well guess the 98 GT will have to do..

Thanks for the advice in advance

Brad

Banned
Whatever you do don't bring it to a dealer. Put it on craigslist.org, ebay, put it in the paper, and post it on as many local car forums as you can. Always include really good pictures and it should be gone in days.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Brad said:
Whatever you do don't bring it to a dealer. Put it on craigslist.org, ebay, put it in the paper, and post it on as many local car forums as you can. Always include really good pictures and it should be gone in days.
ditto!

FINICKY

Established Member
Any idea on what to ask ? Some say its not worth as much modded but i figure with the shape its in and the mods being tastefull it should be worth a decent amount. Wish i could post pics

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
$28k/29k would be a damn good price for someone to pick it up for. Start a little higher maybe 'cause someone is always going to try and bring it down.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds like a car that should sell fast with at a higher than average price. I would say you might get $27K for it but $29K is stretching it. If it were an '04 it would sell for more of course. I would list it at the high end of what you expect and be prepared to negotiate price. But I'm going to predict you'll sell it for $27K.

As far as it selling for more if stock, that isn't always so. Depends on who looks at it. One person would prefer a stock Cobra (and may check carefully to see if yours was every modded) while another might be looking for the exact options you have. When I sold mine to someone on this forum the buyer wanted exactly what I had, so removing the mods to sell them would not have worked for me. Oh, and NEVER EVER state your car is stock (never modded) if it has been. If the buyer finds out later your car WAS modded you might have a legal issue to deal with.

Best of luck. Sorry to hear you're selling it but I had to sell mine so I know what you're going through. If I had the money and was looking for a Cobra yours would be at the top of my list. Sounds like a nice car! :)

Oh, one thing that can help you on a sale is creating a website (one page will do) listing info about the car and pics. I did that when I sold my Callaway Camaro. It allowed people to see the car without having to guess at its condition or come up to Connecticut to check it out. Helps to make potential buyers a bit more comfortable with it.

Users who are viewing this thread