Have not been on here for years, are Terminators still relevant?

Mbiro594

Established Member
I run a dealership and the cobra market has skyrocketed. I’m selling cobras for 8-10k more than I would of 2 years ago. Your car is worth a small fortune depending on mileage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mbiro594

Established Member

Lol definitely up on all cars in general but cobras are considerably higher imo. Either way I feel like the cobra will continue to rise while other used cars decline.

Not to mention the pure nostalgia/history of the terminator cobra. I feel as if it is more revered today then before, rarely seen in my area and I’m sure that’s the same for most.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
"Desirable" depends on the person but the prices speak for themselves. They seem to be sought after still....not so much for the performance anymore but for the nostalgia and history. You can get a used 2015 mustang, put a blower on it and beat nearly every Cobra that isn't built out of its mind. I would take my Terminator over said 2015 all day and twice on Sunday.

Stangra

Established Member
"Desirable" depends on the person but the prices speak for themselves. They seem to be sought after still....not so much for the performance anymore but for the nostalgia and history. You can get a used 2015 mustang, put a blower on it and beat nearly every Cobra that isn't built out of its mind. I would take my Terminator over said 2015 all day and twice on Sunday.
I might be seeing you twice on Sunday... in my rearview!

...But with sincere respect for the nostalgia and history.
If I had one I wouldn't sell.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I might be seeing you twice on Sunday... in my rearview!

...But with sincere respect for the nostalgia and history.
If I had one I wouldn't sell.
Yep....and I am fully aware that my Cobra is no longer the bad boy and hasn't been for some time now. I'm also fully OK with it. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Y2k4cobra

Bohemian Bandit II
Established Member
They will only go up in value the older they get. Clean cars are hard to find so the stock low mileage cars will bring a premium price wise, I have a modded 04 SY coupe with 13k miles and I turned down $42k for it this summer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
$42K was good money then, but you'd undoubtedly get more today with your SY Cobra only having 13K miles.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol definitely up on all cars in general but cobras are considerably higher imo. Either way I feel like the cobra will continue to rise while other used cars decline.

Not to mention the pure nostalgia/history of the terminator cobra. I feel as if it is more revered today then before, rarely seen in my area and I’m sure that’s the same for most.

I'd say foxbody mustangs are higher. Given the base model was 15-20k less than a terminator new.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd say foxbody mustangs are higher. Given the base model was 15-20k less than a terminator new.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
I would expect that, considering they were a decade apart. In ten years the price of cars sure went up. And still do.

HVACdude

Established Member
8CD0805F-610A-43E1-88A8-D7C3475AB760.jpeg
relevant still. I’m sure your inbox will get flooded soon especially if the millage is low. Unless your strapped for cash I would hold onto it as mystichrome coupes are in high demand right now.

Last edited:

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
I run a dealership and the cobra market has skyrocketed. I’m selling cobras for 8-10k more than I would of 2 years ago. Your car is worth a small fortune depending on mileage

What dealership do you run? I have been looking to sell my low mile cobra but have also been out of the game for a long time it has 13k miles on it Red fire with a 2.3 ford racing whipple on it with all supporting mods. Coupe. Its always been garaged and is in excellent condition what kind of price am I looking at you think now days?

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What dealership do you run? I have been looking to sell my low mile cobra but have also been out of the game for a long time it has 13k miles on it Red fire with a 2.3 ford racing whipple on it with all supporting mods. Coupe. Its always been garaged and is in excellent condition what kind of price am I looking at you think now days?
Probably mid-30s, possibly a shade more in today's market. If you post a full description with some pictures, the SVTP Terminator whisperers can drill into it for ya.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Prices in everything is up, but the economy is in the toilet. Unfortunately as the economy is crashing folks are buying more stuff, bolstered by low rates (to encourage continued spending), and stimulus money which is further damaging the economy. Fair chance that there will be a fall. Buying while the price is high is a risk. But there is still a chance the price will never come back down, probably a lot better than many other cars anyway.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
All I can say is you guys are singing a great tune.

I own one of each and always keep the miles off as much as possible. They are not necessarily low (46K on the coupe and 77K on the vert), but I don't think that is by no means high either.

They are currently not for sale, but nice to know they may be worth a little more than I paid for them one day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
View attachment 1738098Extremely relevant still. As the cars are approaching the 20 year mark soon the desire to own one will only keep going up. I’m sure your inbox will get flooded soon especially if the millage is low. Unless your strapped for cash I would hold onto it as mystichrome coupes are in high demand right now over verts. I have a 7k mile mystichrome coupe and I just don’t think I could sell, it’s so hard to find a decent one or even people who are willing to sell now so just imagine how hard it will be to find another one in 10 years.
Having a Mystichrome coupe with only 7K miles is huge. The temptation to sell while the market is so high could be tempting for some, but the diehards will say "no way" and continue to hang on to their Mystichromes, especially if mileage is under 20K.

What are your mods? Or is yours factory stock?

Users who are viewing this thread