Have any of y'all ever had a sty (stye) in your eye before?

styl0us

Roh-Tuh-Ree Powah
Established Member
Well. I woke up this morning and I went to rub my eye like I do every morning to get the crap out of the tear duct, and my left eye hurt like hell on all sides, and the tear duct felt kinda weird. So I called up my buddy who is an EMT and asked him what the hell was wrong with my eye (since I had never had a stye before), so he came over and checked it out and said his best guess was it was a stye, so I went to the E.R to get it looked at and the doctor confirmed it, and gave me some weird ass antibiotic that I have to go pick up tomorrow at the pharmacy.

Any of y'all here ever had a stye in either of your eyes before? If so, how long did it last? The doctor told me it was gonna last anywhere between 5 days and 3-4 weeks. I hope to God it doesn't, it feels like my sinuses are on fire.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Nope. From your description I'm glad too. Hopefully you get lucky and it'll go away in the 5 plan not the month long plan.

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
yes, but i didnt go to the er...

+1

I dealt with it for a couple days then bought a little bottle of stuff appropriately named "Stye". Rubbed it on, and the pain went away followed by the bump.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
Yes I had a very bad one in high school that lasted for almost the entire school year. It was gigantic and hung down off my eyelid blocking part of my vision. Utterly horrible and the worst medical related problem I've had. They gave me some antibiotics, then they injected it with something with a needle, then they cut it off, then they had to cut it off a second time, and it finally was gone. Was horrible man...

Lowrie

Established Member
I would get them from time to time in school, but I haven't had one since high school, quite a few years ago. They were usually on the edge of my eyelid. It lasted about the same time as a pimple.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Had two on the outside of my lower eyelid. When my fingernails were long enough I pulled them off. It was a little painful but they went away.

I thought they weren't supposed to go away unless you removed them yourself?

styl0us

Roh-Tuh-Ree Powah
Established Member
yes, but i didnt go to the er...

I generally don't go to the E.R over something like my eye being sore, but like my original post said, it felt like my sinuses were on fire (i.e. felt like a nice hot welding bead was behind the skin around my eye), so generally I got a little bit worried.

Misfitflesh

Established Member
ewwww...
hordeolumandChalazionStye_28484_lg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread