Has anyone used BOOSTane?

Joey8

Established Member
Never even heard of it until this. I just watched the video and it looks promising. However, i wonder if they changed the tune as well in that test? I currently use torco not to produce a race gas but more of a way to reduce knock. I've seen my car add as much at 3.5* of timing with torco.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
So 5 gallons of 107 octane(93 plus 1qt boostane) = ~40 bucks? 100 octane here runs about 10.50 a gallon so saving you ~ 12.50 on 5 gallons? Not too bad. Interested in some input...

10.50 for 100 vs 8 for 107? Hmm

hopony

Established Member
Never even heard of it until this. I just watched the video and it looks promising. However, i wonder if they changed the tune as well in that test? I currently use torco not to produce a race gas but more of a way to reduce knock. I've seen my car add as much at 3.5* of timing with torco.

I have been using lucas in the FL heat my car picks up 1 mph with it. I was turned on to this by the someone that works for outlaw racing fuels.

So 5 gallons of 107 octane(93 plus 1qt boostane) = ~40 bucks? 100 octane here runs about 10.50 a gallon so saving you ~ 12.50 on 5 gallons? Not too bad. Interested in some input...

10.50 for 100 vs 8 for 107? Hmm

I played with their octane app at lunch it was pretty cool.

hopony

Established Member
So is torco. What makes boostane unicorn piss compared to torco????

who said it was unicorn piss? Just wanted to know if anyone on here used the stuff. It was recommended to me by someone who knows a lot more about fuel than I do.

Joey8

Established Member
who said it was unicorn piss? Just wanted to know if anyone on here used the stuff. It was recommended to me by someone who knows a lot more about fuel than I do.

I didn't say you did. The guys on the video make it seem like its so much better then the other additives. Just playing devils advocate here. I'm just as interested as you are just want some cold hard facts besides the owners performing a before and after dyno test with way to much variables. Sorry if i made it seem as if im coming at you, didn't mean to in anyway brother.

D.T.R

Established Member
I'm confused. What does the video show or proof? How to pour it into a little tube?

debit_free_2010

Established Member
They are trying to show their Boostane holds the MMT suspended more better than TORCO, You can see the MMT settle in the TORCO.

IMVHO, I don't think any of these MMT based boosters are going to have any real advantage over any of the others.

techwerkz

Established Member
The video shows suspension of the product. Torco will settle in your tank pretty quickly.

These guys are local to me, and I have tested this in my car. It definitely will help with spark knock. Now I didn't make much more power with it, but I did add 5 degrees of timing and was at 21 on the dyno pull on a TVS car with no knock. It does turn plugs orange like Torco as well.

The dyno graphs on their website, I have been in person for a few of the pulls. The GTR picked up a lot of power with boost and tuning changes, but the amount of timing being run would not have been safe for 93 octane.

It's not E85 magic, but it adds a bit of safety. It was invented for themselves to run in their racing boats. Then they decided to start selling it. It's a hard product to market since it's considered an "octane booster" which we all know of many brands that don't do anything.

Voltwings

Established Member
hmm... Seeing as how the 5.0 has the ability to add additional timing, this may be pretty nifty. I think their Iphone app is a little ambitious (or designed for FI motors), but it says if i add 1/2 a quart to my tank of 93 it will bring my effective octange to about 95, and my whp from 445 to 460. Those are E85 numbers, so i'm not exactly sold, but itd be nice haha.

pro 5.0

Established Member
They need to do an actual comparison test between Torco and Boostane on a FI car on a dyno with the same boost and timing, and see which shows knock if any. What is does in a moitionless test tube is not the same environment the liquid is in when it's sloshing around in your fuel tank.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Not to add more options to the mix, but VP Racing fuels sells a product called Octanium. It will raise the numbers up 8 full numbers on 10 gallons pump. Or cut the can in half and raise two 10 gallon tanks by 4 numbers. Its only 15 bucks a can. $7.50 per treatment for 96-97 octane not bad. I will be logging it soon as weather gets better. Fyi

BrianH87

Established Member
Not to add more options to the mix, but VP Racing fuels sells a product called Octanium. It will raise the numbers up 8 full numbers on 10 gallons pump. Or cut the can in half and raise two 10 gallon tanks by 4 numbers. Its only 15 bucks a can. $7.50 per treatment for 96-97 octane not bad. I will be logging it soon as weather gets better. Fyi

Do you know what is actually inside this product? I tried to look at their MSDS, but all of their chemicals are listed as "proprietary." I'm not sure if this means it doesn't contain MMT or MTBE. Or they are just trying to hide that their formula is the same as any of the others. Not a big deal, but I don't want everything turning orange.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Do you know what is actually inside this product? I tried to look at their MSDS, but all of their chemicals are listed as "proprietary." I'm not sure if this means it doesn't contain MMT or MTBE. Or they are just trying to hide that their formula is the same as any of the others. Not a big deal, but I don't want everything turning orange.

Who cares about a little orange deposits from MMT. Much better than replacing a motor. Change your plugs every 3k miles then.

agony

Established Member
I'm skeptical about their separation test. They shake the bottle before pouring it in, let it sit static for 4+ hours. Fuel sloshing around in your tank should remix the MMT in Torco. It seems like a decent product for raising octane though. Might try a bit in the spring to just gain a few points for a bit of safety on track days. A 32oz bottle will last me a few trips.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Who cares about a little orange deposits from MMT. Much better than replacing a motor. Change your plugs every 3k miles then.
Because the orange deposits build up on the valves, combustion chambers in the heads, tops of pistons and on the O2 sensors. Plugs are not the only thing building up deposits.

It keeps building up over time and is harsh on metals. The whole reason to run it is for detonation resistance. When you stop running it, these deposits that are left behind create "Hot Spots" in the combustion chambers and cause the car to detonate easier and even worse! The exact thing you were trying to avoid in the first place!

So if you start running it, you are kind of locked in to running it or some sort of octane booster after that unless you clean the build up off and start over.

Users who are viewing this thread