Has anyone tried this induction combo X.B.A. Elbow, Kenne Bell TB and Gimme 5 intake

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I know other guys have had good luck with this kit. I know most of them use the JLT 148MM intake since it's cheaper than the gimme 5 intake. I doubt you would see much of a power gain difference between the 2 intakes.

smokin03

Established Member
Current mods are upper pulley, Tb/ Jlt intake and tune. Not much really on the power side, mostly suspension and appearance. Made 617 at the wheel. Looking at starting a total redo. Full exhaust and pulley set-up. I thought this might be good with that and considering the future if I went to a KB SC, I could still use the tb and intake. Just looking for something different that has more future potential.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Current mods are upper pulley, Tb/ Jlt intake and tune. Not much really on the power side, mostly suspension and appearance. Made 617 at the wheel. Looking at starting a total redo. Full exhaust and pulley set-up. I thought this might be good with that and considering the future if I went to a KB SC, I could still use the tb and intake. Just looking for something different that has more future potential.

It definitely gives you the potential for big power down the road, it all depends on the end goal? For the money you could go with other mods and most likely see the same gains. I would probably do headers 1st since you have induction mods already.

smokin03

Established Member
The exhaust is first on my list, for the spring. Just trying to determine what back end to go with. I really like how the SS looks and sounds.

smokin03

Established Member
Who did you buy the hearers and h pipe from? So many options out there. I know I have to get the ss catback directly from Shelby.

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
I have this combo except with a JLT 155 Carbon Fiber. I'm also running BPS ported, polished, cut and welded factory blower, BPS upper, thump tensioner, snout idler, vans blue belt and a IW 15% lower (ID1300S, competition bap, e85, full exhaust)

Makes 900/900. Love it. Been running on borrowed time for over a year

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
I have this combo except with a JLT 155 Carbon Fiber. I'm also running BPS ported, polished, cut and welded factory blower, BPS upper, thump tensioner, snout idler, vans blue belt and a IW 15% lower (ID1300S, competition bap, e85, full exhaust)

Do you have the factory oil cooler? My combo is exactly like yours but I'm on 10% lower.

black13 gt500

Established Member
Bitdifferent and turbo98gt those sound like awesome combos. I'm leaning towards this setup with the 148mm intake. Bitdifferent how much boost does your setup make and are you close to maxing out the fuel system with e85. I'm getting MPR to build me a motor with headwork and some custom cams would love to make 900

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

Very cool, I will have a very similar combo after rebuild, was building the stock longblock just like you have when the oil pump gears let go.
I'll be 15%/2.4 pulleys but with cams, but how much boost did you make?
Did you make a thread with build results?
Would love to see it, my goal is 850rwhp on E85 but I always wondered if 900 could be in reach.
-J

Bytor

Established Member

Very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread