Has anyone installed a roll cage?

NewGuy

I have been thinking about installing a roll cage and I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with this? I have been doing some open track diving and want to install some safety mods. I see there are various kinds out there, but with my lack of knowledge I am unsure of what is the best. So if anyone can offer some insight to this it would be much appreciated. I am figuring I will have to do the rear seat delete, and I also want to install a better drivers seat with a five point harness system. Thanks in advance for any input!

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Roll Bar

I just recently installed an Autopower 6 point roll bar in my '03 vert.....kept the back seat.....I did have to modify the upper portion of the support bar on the back side of the seat so the rear bars of the roll bar would pass the seat without any wrinkling. It was a fairly easy install....got the bar from Mustangs Unlimited.

Hissss5

Oni 1
Established Member
Re: Roll Bar

Originally posted by John Himsel
I just recently installed an Autopower 6 point roll bar in my '03 vert.....kept the back seat.....I did have to modify the upper portion of the support bar on the back side of the seat so the rear bars of the roll bar would pass the seat without any wrinkling. It was a fairly easy install....got the bar from Mustangs Unlimited.

How much was it $$??:burnout:

NewGuy

Thanks for the reply.
Was this a bolt in type or was welding required?

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
I am intersted in this as well, except I am currious how that works for a coupe?? I need to keep my rear seats if possible, but would like a way to use a 4/5 pt harness with the stock front seats?? anyone done this yet?

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Roll Bar

The roll bar was $359 + shipping....plus another $800....had it chrome plated.....looks awesome....will post pics when the weather gets better.

Took me about a half a day to install.....it is a bolt in for the most part....three bolts per post.....plus you have to weld one joint on each side....then slide a sleeve over your weld so it is all chrome.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member

The roll bar was $359 + shipping....plus another $800....had it chrome plated.....looks awesome....will post pics when the weather gets better.

Took me about a half a day to install.....it is a bolt in for the most part....three bolts per post.....plus you have to weld one joint on each side....then slide a sleeve over your weld so it is all chrome.

Is the weather any better? I want to see a chrome plated roll bar in an 03. :thumbsup:

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
My Vert with Chrome 6-Point Bar???

Where's the browser that lets you insert photos.....can some one explain how to insert photos....I used to be able to do it.

Got some pics people want to see.

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
First attempt posting pics a new way.... we'll see how this goes

I hope this post works....I've never tried this....

link to pic[Cobra Front.jpg]
[img]link to secong pic[Cobra Roll Bar.jpg]
[img]link to third pic[Cobra Engine.jpg]

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
links don't work, can you just insert the WWW of where they are hosted?? (you cant host from your machine, must be online)

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Pics

cobra_front.jpg

cobra_roll_bar.jpg

cobra_engine.jpg

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
That looks good 03 cobra toy.. any side bars needed? I am not sure what I am going to end up with, but I am looking around, and that looks good

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Originally posted by jcayer
That looks good 03 cobra toy.. any side bars needed? I am not sure what I am going to end up with, but I am looking around, and that looks good

For drag racing you will need side bars. I use my car for open track and they say it's ok..

Users who are viewing this thread