Has anyone had there seats recovered?

bobbys97r

Established Member
Those prices seem high. I haven't gotten a quote on mine yet, but I'm going to soon. But my last vehicle, 94 Toyota Landcruiser, was quoted for $1200 for all 3 rows of seats with real leather. I also had a different Landcruiser front two seats done for $250 each with real leather as well. Those were Beaumont, TX prices. Now I'm in Houston, I'll see what they go for around here. I really hate my driver's seat. The left leg pad is gone. It's just a metal pipe with some leather around it. I would love to get some new seats.

Thats where I will be getting mine done post up some quotes when you get them. Thanks

94CobraPace

Established Member
I got mine redone at a local uphlusty shop. Had some custom touches done. Also done in pleather. Cost was almost $1400.
118762.jpg

118764.jpg

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Thats where I will be getting mine done post up some quotes when you get them. Thanks

I am having mine done (the 95) at a shop in San Marcos called Gabriel and Sons. I am NOT having them done in leather again. Leather is just too hard to take care of and I am tired of trying to keep up after it. I am having them done in a very leather-like vinyl that feels like leather, looks like leather but wears 100 times better than leather. It will cost just under 2k for both front and back seats ... This is another area that I firmly believe you get what you pay for. A good price is between 1200 and 2k anything less than that and you are not getting quality work or materials IN MY OPINION

SpittingCobra

Established Member
This may sound rediculous but why not cross the border and get them done in Mexico?

My cousin collects El Caminos and he got his tuck and roll in Tijuana. It looks great! He said you just have to hang out and watch them so they don't do a half ass job.

Of course he does live in San Diego... And I'm not sure if there are any upholstery shops in Juarez. You could buy the leather ahead of time if you're concerned about the quality of material.

Also I'm not sure if they've ever really stuffed people's seats with horse shit but I do know that they used to use horse urine in the tanning process of some hides and when the leather would get wet, the smell would come out. That may be what started the stories:shrug:

And NO I didn't come up with this just from the movie "Losin' it" where they did exactly that. This still goes on all the time.

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
Different look, just not my style. I certainly wouldn't pay 1200 + for stock "looking" pleather seats, don't care how re-inforced they are. Might as well go find a set of nice Mach I or Bullitt seats.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Different look, just not my style. I certainly wouldn't pay 1200 + for stock "looking" pleather seats, don't care how re-inforced they are. Might as well go find a set of nice Mach I or Bullitt seats.

Easy enough to do if you have black interior. Us tan guys don't have many options. It sucks. It is one of the things I hate most about my car...

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
yeah nothing matches the tan, really all you can do is get black seats i guess....seats are so expensive

Users who are viewing this thread